f Qck : Flipkart's Hyper Local Delivery Service

Flipkart is reportedly testing its hyperlocal delivery service called f Qck. The main objective of this service will be to deliver the goods within hours. Flipkart will fulfil all the local orders from your neighbourhood merchants, kirana shops, stationery stores etc. ET reports that the company has partnered with Roadrunnr, a logistics startup company that's backed by leading VC firms viz. Sequoia Capital and NVP.

It's no wonder that Flipkart wants to leave no stone unturned when it comes to fighting with the global giant Amazon, which is getting its $5 Billion cheque ready. The uninitiated may note that Amazon does have a 'Kirana Now' service, which currently services very limited PIN codes; but is likely to expand in near future.

Binny Bansal, the COO and co-founder of Flipkart said that they are doing a lot of things in the hyperlocal domain and they are 'serious' about it. There are several existing startups that are operating in this domain like the Grofers and PepperTap. Then there are companies like LocalBanya that have been operating into the grocery delivery markets. It's apparent that the competition is going to fierce in the sector - which also means the new entrants should stay away!

I'm awaiting more details on the f Qck service; but that said - it looks like a GREAT time to enter into the logistics domain; if you are planning for a new startup. The demand for super efficient logistics company is only going to grow in coming days and it will be these companies that will decide who stays in the game and who shuts shop.

Do let me know your thoughts on hyperlocal delivery segment. What do you think is exciting about it?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This will come as a blow to hundreds of startups who emerged in the last 6 months with their city-based online kirana stores. The giant of Flipkart can crush many dreams of startups who were just starting out in this field.

But didn't we all see it coming? It only seems obvious for Flipkart to enter this segment with its delivery service eKart becoming stronger by the day with more and more serviceable areas on popping up on their list.

What's next you ask? I am smelling a war against food delivery apps: Foodpanda and TinyOwl better be aware. ๐Ÿ˜ What do you guys think?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I really wonder how different and easier is this going to be over calling your local Kirana shop owner and reading out all your grocery list? We've been getting home delivery of our grocery for over a decade now, for no extra cost!

I really think Flipkart is just thinking that they can build a bigger value by copying the American business model. In US, you can't simply walk to the grocery store because your nearest grocery store might be several miles away. In India, all you have to do is just walk for 2-3 minutes to reach to a Kirana store.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey! This is Danish Ahmed.. Student Of Final Year Computer Engineering..
What is the working principle of Double acting Positioner? and how it is work?
hello everyone, this is a new thread for people who got knowledge park after the various rounds of counselling. various discussions , information and suggestions are always welcomed.
What is the material used in handrails in Bus,Stairs and other places?