CrazyEngineers
  • So, you have a pdf file & you want to extract out images from it ? Here's the short & cute guide.

1) We need to install poppler-utils first.(In latest version of Ubuntu, it's already installed)
     sudo apt-get install poppler-utils 
    2) Now change the directory where your .pdf file is located. Mine is located under /Downloads directory as shown in image below :
     cd Downloads 
    3) Now extract the image from the pdf file :
    In my case,
     pdfimages -j practical_arduino.pdf CE 
    Press "Enter"

1. Here, pdfimages is console application name which is part of poppler-utils.
    2. -j means JPEG will stay JPEG only.
    3. practical_arduino.pdf = name_of_file.pdf
    4. CE = All the extracted images will have CE as prefix.

4) Images will be extracted within few seconds :
    And we get the required extracted images from PDF 👍
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Shailaja Tiwari

MemberJul 31, 2013

Good info .May be somwhere I could use it in my case study .But as an Windows user I xtract images using snipping tool software 😀 .
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberJul 31, 2013

shailaja revathi
    But as an Windows user I xtract images using snipping tool software 😀 .
    That's time consuming, isn't it ?
    It took around 5 seconds to extract all image from entire 400 page ebook 👍
    Cancel
  • Shailaja Tiwari

MemberJul 31, 2013

5 seconds to extract all image from entire 400 page ebook
    Against this ratio yes it's time consuming other wise using it's ok -you need only 2 seconds to get one image i.e you have to just run that software and select your image and paste it in paint.
    Cancel
  • Abhishek Rawal

MemberJul 31, 2013

shailaja revathi
    Against this ratio yes it's time consuming other wise using it's ok -you need only 2 seconds to get one image i.e you have to just run that software and select your image and paste it in paint.
    I am not perfectionist, but I like something to be very accurate.
    So, in process of manually snipping image with the application from a file, even if a pixel is missed, it hurts my soul.

Anyways, as you're planning to do case-study of Linux based OS, I think you should try some Linux distros 😁
    Cancel
  • Shailaja Tiwari

MemberJul 31, 2013

Sure,Mr.accurationist 😎 and Linux-lover.😁
    Cancel
  • Nana Klinton

MemberJan 14, 2014

HI there
    Thanks for your nice sharing.I have encountered a problem in <a href="https://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/pdf-text-extract/" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer">C# PDF Text Reader Library: how to get, read, extract text (with line, table) from PDF file using c# .net. Free open source examples</a> files.I tried to do that using this code:
    public String GetText(PDFDocument doc, int pageNum, int index, int count)
    {
    PDFPage page = (PDFPage)doc.GetPage(pageNum);
    return page.GetText(index, count);
    }
    But it can not work.I want to know that if there is any other code which supports to do that.Thanks a lot
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register