Extend Java chat application using socket & serversocket to Internet

Hi guys,
I am a a beginner in java & i have developed a chat application using socket & serversocket.I want to extend it to the internet.Please help.....
Thanks in advance.

Replies

• xero
    xero
    Have you tried it over the internet yet and what are the issues you are facing?

Basically for this functionality you'll need a public IP for the workstation in which server socket is listening.

Now to identify whether your IP is public or not, ask you mate ping your machine over the internet 😀. That could be a good start 😁
  • gaugeta
    gaugeta
    thnku for replying xero...
    as you replied,yes i have tried over net and it does not work.The issues i'm facing are it is working only in lan not over internet.As for the pinging problem i solved it by mapping it by dyndns(dynamic dns) service.And after that if my friend pings my dynamic name he sees my face ip on his computer.But even after that my app does not seem to work if i give the dynamic name in my app.
    Please help.............

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

for example how can one know the OD,bore thickness by just looking at the bearing no. like 6001.
Purchase of US-based Telogy’s European operations will extend and consolidate customer choice and service Microlease today announced its acquisition of the European operations of its major US competitor, Telogy Inc....
I am food technologist and am searching for a job which belives in the hard core calculations for the production tasks like machine rates , human rates etc. Please contact...
I recently attended a National Student Convention where we had people from various places of India along with their research papers, study papers, proposal papers. But i found many people...
😁PATTY!!!😁 Have all the happiness in life 😁 :myparty: P.S: I am in a different time zone ! so few you might not see it as his Birthday as of...