Executive MBA from IIM C

IIM C is providing Executive MBA Program from Young Professionals.
Duration of the course is 1 year , fee approx 1.2 laks.
So the person attending this course should attend classes on Saturday.

This program is provided by some other company some Hughes net ( Mods , you can remove this if needed )

So I actually want to do my MBA to learn management and want to shift my career towards Business Analyst position.

So what are your views on this ??

Is it worth doing ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In my opinion - No.

I doubt how many 'part-time' MBAs have been able to switch jobs. Have you personally known anyone who could switch job from technical position to Business Analyst after completing part time MBA? (Well there are people who did that; but what role did part time MBA degree play?)
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am not sure about this question.

Anyways I have a friend who completed this course earlier so I will post his experience shortly , then i will decide.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    E-S: I'd also suggest that you should seriously consider the ISB executive MBA option. Nothing beats it [at least, in India]
  • safwan
    safwan
    Biggei ,how about after 12 doing BCA and then doing MBA in outside india.
  • Sathya_S
    Sathya_S
    Hi,
    Can you share ur friend's experience who completed part time exec MBA from IIM C.

Thanks,
    Sathya.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hello Sathya, Sorry guys I am late in posting this!
    My friend completed his MBA and he was offered a package equal to 60% more than what he was earning earlier!
    So if you have only package in mind that that will help , my friend has done his graduation in one of the best colleges!!
    Next the course and study are not that good as direct education and if you want to do MBA and its your goal some thing like that dont go for it!!

Anyway I too will not recommend it as I have checked the faculty and programme! As Biggie said its better to check if possible through ISB!
    nothing beats class room education!
  • Sathya_S
    Sathya_S
    Thank you for sharing it!!.
  • sookie
    sookie
    Hello,
    I am looking forward for an executive MBA program so
    #-Link-Snipped-# & #-Link-Snipped-# would you still recommend ISB ? (I mean after 2 years of this post)

Also, what all difficulties a person with experience in technical field could face in going for MBA in "Marketing" ?

Thanks !!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ISB rules! ๐Ÿ‘ .

Marketing is quite an interesting field; but I'd recommend spending some time talking to people who've been into it. #-Link-Snipped-# will be able to talk a bit about this.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Let me first talk about an executive MBA program. They are of three types. Distant learning (DLP), part time (often referred as weekend MBA) and full time executive MBA (normally it is for 1 year). All of these courses either need a mandatory work experience (minimum 2 to 5 depending on the college) or research/teaching experience. Before deciding which one is appropriate, first decide what you want to achieve out of the program.

Every one who is interested in learning management and just wants to add a management degree for academic purpose should go for DLP. But people who want to seriously pursue career in management should opt for full time executive MBA. They offer better learning experience and of course, better placements. I will not advice Part time, weekend MBAs unless done from a very well known college or sponsored by your employer. Mainly because there is no placement assistance (most often) and the faculties for part time MBA are also not that great. Also, most of these part time MBAs are held through video conference or interactive content.

A word of caution: If you want to do MBA because you want a BA's role or a higher salary then I must warn you. Not all exec MBAs get higher salary. MBA is not equivalent to higher salary. Besides role in management is very different from the roles in tech and you may not be suitable for it.

Do what you like. Money will follow.
  • sookie
    sookie
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks for the opinion !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hai all, i am doing a project based on MOC70PX - PHOTOTRANSISTOR OPTICAL INTERRUPTER SWITCH for that i need to know the operation of the device... my circiut is like...
Construction workers shun personal protective equipment (PPE) due to lack of style Only 30 per cent of health and safety managers think that essential protective equipment is always worn on...
#include #include void main() { int i,j,a[3][3],b[3][3],ch,c[3][3]; printf("\n enter the elements of first matrix: "); for(i=0;i<3;i++) { for(j=0;j<3;j++) { scanf("%d",&a[j]); printf("\t%d",a[j]); } printf("\n"); } printf("\n enter the elements for the...
There are many threads that speak in positive terms about ideas for projects. But there must also be people who know how project disasters happen. Can those people tell us...
A UFO sighting claim has once again been made in the UK, with a mystery object now being photographed hovering above a magnificent stately home in Hertfordshire. The picture of...