executing a batchfile on a remote computer

hi friends,
Can any one of you suggest me the procedure to access a computer that is on a local network.
Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Replies

• LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    The topic and the content of the post are totally different.Whats your prime motive to execute a batch file or to access a computer on LAN ??
  • vishalhak
    vishalhak
    sorry for that mismatch.
    actually I want to execute a batchfile on a remote computer sitting on my own computer.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Vishal,

Q1. Do you have access?
    Q2. If you do? How is it through - a port? a program? a socket?
    Q3. Do you have the right authorization as well?

If you are not bothered with the nitty-gritties and want a simple concept for a project or something, there are umpteen number of ways of doing this -

1) Create a java applet which will run on the remote machine, listening on a particular port. Create another java prog which will create a socket connection to this remote machine, then you can have a trigger from the client to the remote to execute a local command.

2) VNC ๐Ÿ˜€. Install a VNC server on the remote machine, and click your way to the remote command.

3) Remote Connection on windoze works the same way, I prefer VNC though.

4) Any web based appln, with some dynamic pages to authorize and execute commands on local disc should do

5) Event based triggers on MySQL5 wherein the server hosts the mysql app .. i know this is the most idiotic of the lot. but hey, it works!

Hope these help ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Guys, I am searching for a GSM modem which when attached to my microcontroller will sen a SMS or a ring tone to any mobile number which i will...
I'm Abhishek Agarwal from Moradabad, India. Just completed my B.Tech. in Information Technology. Now-a-days hunting for the job. ๐Ÿ˜’ See u all !!!!! bbye
Hello to all CE's.. is there anyone of you who has a matlab installer?... The one is used to solve matrices?... Or links to free downloads.. thanks again...๐Ÿ˜
hi friends i am new to this forum. i m doing mechanical engineering in mumbai. i heard about a weapon whose function is to destroy missiles in air. can it...
Hi..., I am second year Information Technology (engineering) student. Could anyone suggest me the latest hot topics for the seminar related to latest computer technology.Please suggest the list within 2...