EXCUSE ME....Am I interrupting??

Hi Folks, It's been a while, and I'm not sure how to start this. Yet, here goes nothing. Everyday you keep coming online; You take time to explore the internet, and make choices between work and personal chores. You also chat with friends, make a living out of your personal or group column on the net, and do the occasional surfing, chatting and flirting. But what have you gained? Is it knowledge or was it a waste of time? Were you able to put a smile on at the least one person's face today? Think about it and tell us about it here!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    anoopthefriend
    Hi Folks, It's been a while, and I'm not sure how to start this. Yet, here goes nothing. Everyday you keep coming online; You take time to explore the internet, and make choices between work and personal chores. You also chat with friends, make a living out of your personal or group column on the net, and do the occasional surfing, chatting and flirting. But what have you gained? Is it knowledge or was it a waste of time? Were you able to put a smile on at the least one person's face today? Think about it and tell us about it here!
    For making another person smile, you have 'real life'. Why are we confusing real life with virtual life?
    Not everything that that we accomplish in day-to-day interactions is possible on the internet?
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    anoopthefriend
    Is it knowledge or was it a waste of time? Were you able to put a smile on at the least one person's face today?
    First of all, i don't have time to spend on internet, how can i waste it on-line. Internet is a khazana of knowledge. We will learn something useful every time we log in. Is that compulsory to make someone laugh at me by spending time on-line ? Tell me the ways how can we do that... I will try from now on-wards...๐Ÿ˜› โ˜•. Okay. I am posting daily a funny image on our Famous "laugh-out thread" I guess, some one will get smile on face by seeing it..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think it's all about choices that we make. Internet is full of amazing things which are seldom discovered by people. It requires this 'inner realization' to enrich oneself with good things than the time-killing joys.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Internet has a lot of opportunities. It has lot of knowledge,. Like I watch NPTEL videos, Ultimate factories, Extreme Engineering, Mega Structures, Learn Japanese etc...

I have learned more from internet than in college. I try and experiment out things shown in videos on YouTube and other websites. This increases our knowledge about industries in general but has resulted in my score reaching new lows in University exams! โ˜•

Recently I had a chance to hear and talk to Ravi Kiran, former CEO of Starcom Mediawest Group. He stressed the importance of internet (technology) in our life.

As far as smile is concerned, you make me happy everyday with the images you share in laugh out loud thread. I personally like them.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Alright folks, you've got me!!! ๐Ÿ˜›

But let me make it clear: I was referring to life in general, not personal or virtual life in particular. Internet sure has a lot of opportunities, but as BigK said it's all about the choices that one makes.๐Ÿ˜€

Yet let me ask, does virtual life differ from real life?๐Ÿ˜• Does it mean that contacting virtually is not genuine? The possibilities of spreading happiness are endless. The laugh-out-thread is a good option, but does it really help?

In this era, we live in a world where each person has a different problem, and they find it difficult to share them even with friends. That's when a virtual environment creates a safe zone for opening up minds to your pen friends. What is your take on this?๐Ÿ˜˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : Does virtual life differ from real life? - I'm not sure what context you are using for this question. Virtual life is just an extension of the 'offline life'.

Picking up from your first post :

But what have you gained? Is it knowledge or was it a waste of time? Were you able to put a smile on at the least one person's face today? Think about it and tell us about it here!
    ...I'd say people don't always go to Internet or watch TV or do any such activity to gain knowledge. People mainly use these mediums to seek entertainment. It isn't like a classroom where you gain more knowledge than entertainment (funny professors, in rare cases to entertain+teach). As I said, it's all about "choice" that we make in our life; both online and offline.

I know people who're using Internet to hone their coding skills, learn a new language, find business ideas, learn an art, teach a subject, showcase their talent and so on. Then there are people who religiously log on to the Internet to see what's up & hot in their friend's lives or just watch funny videos on YouTube. Have they wasted their time? Yes & No - because everyone values time differently. For someone, getting entertained is a 'wise' use of time while for others, it could be just waste of time.

Were you able to put a smile on at the least one person's face today? Think about it and tell us about it here!
    ... nope. I know the point you're making here. But that's certainly not everyone's agenda. Personally, if I go to bed with a happy & cool mind; it tells me I've spent the day wisely. If the next morning is already exciting me; I've definitely done something awesome today.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Agree to all points Biggie says. I too think that everyone values time differently. What is important for me may be a waste of time for you.

But virtual reality is always a virtual reality. Because you have never met that person. The possibility that He/She may be lying to you cannot be neglected.

I give stress on meeting people personally. I get that chance through my shop. It is only for "knowledge" and sometimes "entertainment" that I log into internet.

If you have seen social networking sites, they suck. Haven't even logged in on Fb since I don't know how much time!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    But virtual reality is always a virtual reality. Because you have never met that person. The possibility that He/She may be lying to you cannot be neglected.
    What about interacting with people you know in person?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    What about interacting with people you know in person?
    Body language is a very good tool to judge someone. We can easily judge if a person is honest or not, can't we? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I was referring to the people you know in person. That is actually when the virtual and actual life comes to reality together. The real fact is that due to all our stress and schedule, we lead our selfish lives, and we say that we have done awesome things and used our wisdom wisely?

The actual importance I'd give is to the question: Do we actually have time for others in this "No-Time for anything by myself" lifestyle???? (with respect to how much ever time you spend online or offline making yourself happy or not)

Although you may gain a lot of knowledge, what is it worth? What is the use of stacking up all that knowledge? You may use it temporarily, yet it won't stay with you for ever. You ultimately grow old and tend to forget.

Meanwhile, if you find the time to listen to someone in need (be it anyone at all), you'd be remembered as a better person. There are a lot of people who face problems and do not have anybody to share it with. Even your close friends or pen friends may face such problems; you'd never know those unless you ask!! It would be great if a small part of each of our days was kept aside for soothing such minds.

#-Link-Snipped-#: Even-though you meet people personally and interact with them, they may not let out their hearts to you. Even close buddies don't share all feelings mutually. A pen friend who is far away can understand and advice better I feel.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Social networking is not bad. People make wrong choices more often and that's why you feel it is not worth. But think again! I've had good experiences communicating and learning from others through social networking. And I'd say that it all depends on your choice, whether you want to be a bad social wreck or a good social human who listens. Social networking can lead to good conversations and effective discussions. Most people don't USE it likewise, that's all!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Body language is a very good tool to judge someone. We can easily judge if a person is honest or not, can't we? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Nope. You can't. Body Language thing is overrated.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Nope. You can't. Body Language thing is overrated.
    Oh! But we are more comfortable talking to a person "in person". This is because, we can see his expressions. We know if he/she is lying or speaking truth depending upon the difference in his speech and expressions. We pay more attention to what people are doing rather than what they are speaking.

That is the reason why we are more attentive when a speaker is enthusiastic and we feel sleepy when the speaker is dull and monotonous โ˜•

By the way, this world is round and there are lot many people contradicting my opinion. You have your own thinking, I respect it. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Everyday we walk through the roads, were looking at many, smiling with their friends or with their beloved ones while some were sharing their thoughts but none would probably will look at us. Everyone was busy and isolated from others in the giant round ball, there communication to unknown is almost next to impossible(unless we find need to talk with them). Social Networking is an awesome mega construction to avoid that. Here, we interact, share and learn.

Learning and gaining knowledge couldn't have to be always about subject or syllabus. It differs depends on interest. We all know that this post wouldn't have been possible if CrazyEngineers doesn't exist or we all wouldn't have known each other to share our thoughts. Now we've friends to share and to support us. Here, our posts and messages speak for us(representing everything that relates to us). Sometimes our friends might mistook our posts because they don't know us personally as "The chances of becoming stupid is always high if we post more" in those sequences but there is an equal chance to learn from our mistakes. There we aren't learning any new subject but at least we will learn what not to be said at that point of time. These days, Internet is becoming a major source for communication, "I came to know about my friend's wedding through web, I came to know about my friends status through web and I did even found something new (technology) to use in a novel which was actually is one of our VOICE article."

Everyday when I woke up this is how my mind will be " ". Yes it's blank and "My day is a blank sheet and these days if I don't have(use) a computer half of the page will remain blank for the next day as well." Unfortunately, I cannot write on it again but no matter how it could be, I will be happy with it at the end of the day, because the reasons why I fail also makes me laugh sometimes and sometimes I feel my self as ๐Ÿ˜จ kind of person. Ultimately, It's me who has to settle with what I have obtained at the end of the day irrespective of others involvement.

"By injecting all technical stuff into our brain, are we gaining knowledge?" Well, how far we can go...

Ans: Well, It has no end. ๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#, I would like to cite a Marathi saying here;

jasah distah tasah nastah
    Please correct me if I'm wrong. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I have come across human beings who made this saying TRUE for me, and since then I have created my own protective shield around me. One lifetime is not sufficient to know the TRUE you, forget knowing and being sure about others. ๐Ÿ˜€

#-Link-Snipped-#, very good points. ๐Ÿ˜€

anoopthefriend
    #-Link-Snipped-#: Social networking is not bad. People make wrong choices more often and that's why you feel it is not worth. But think again! I've had good experiences communicating and learning from others through social networking. And I'd say that it all depends on your choice, whether you want to be a bad social wreck or a good social human who listens. Social networking can lead to good conversations and effective discussions. Most people don't USE it likewise, that's all!
    Totally agree! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Any new ideas people? ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

MEDICAL FAIR INDIA Continues on Successful Course Numerous Co-op Exhibitors Confirmed from Asia, Europe and the USA The 18th MEDICAL FAIR INDIA 2012, International Exhibition and Conference on Diagnostics, Medical...
Now school kids are getting into hard core development through games. The raspberry foundations essay into roping in kid power seems to be paying off. Read this BBC news item...
I am rather cluless about internet privacy issues. There appears to be a major concern over GOOGLE's proposed 'unified field theory'. I came across this article that seems to circumvent...
Hi guys, I have two laptops Dell with charger 90W -- 19.5V(4.5V) and one HP with charger 65W -- 18.5V(3.5A) . I am going home and don't want to carry...
I always love to play NFS and MotoGp games.In that we usually playing with cars or bikes which have nitro booster in it.But In real life is it safe to...