Exactly how much does money matter?

We all have different perceptions about money (we need in store).

How much should we prioritize on making money?
Pursuing your passions not always guarantee you huge amounts of ready made money. And the work you do for pursuing money might become monotonous too soon.

What is the conclusion we'd reach after a few years of living on our own, according to any of the above two choices?
There will be unavoidable events and turns in life common to all, where money is also important. When we go through more years in life, our perception about both money and passion might change.

At this age, my answers to these questions consist of mostly guesses. Looking forward to similar guesses as well as practical wisdom from people who've actually passed many of those important phases in life ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Prioritize is a big word for me.
    I always roam around 3 words - Work, Money and Satisfaction.
    I'll be satisfied If I love what I'm doing but I can't satisfy if I do not get enough satisfied money for my work.
    Satisfaction = Work + Money!
    I should be satisfied with my work and money.

Just my personal opinion though.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I completely agree with Sada.

But quoting this,
    eternalthinker
    Pursuing your passions not always guarantee you huge amounts of ready made money. And the work you do for pursuing money might become monotonous too soon.
    Of these two choices, for the longer run I would go for the first option. Passion is very important for me in whatever I do. I think (hope ๐Ÿ˜) the money will follow.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Sada
    Satisfaction = Work + Money!
    I should be satisfied with my work and money.
    A simple and nice point there ๐Ÿ˜€
    The hard thing is perhaps the pursuit to find that perfect combination!

Dancer_Engineer
    Of these two choices, for the longer run I would go for the first option. Passion is very important for me in whatever I do. I think (hope ๐Ÿ˜) the money will follow.
    Hopefully the money shall follow ๐Ÿ˜‰
    As designer James Victore said:
    "Ask for more. Always. Ask for more time, ask for more creativity, ask for more money" ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    eternalthinker
    "Ask for more. Always. Ask for more time, ask for more creativity, ask for more money" ๐Ÿ˜€
    Awesome!
    Now I can Ask for a few more nice sayings ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    eternalthinker
    Hopefully the money shall follow ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Ask, and ye shall Receive. ๐Ÿ‘
    But then I feel, just do your work and you will be rewarded accordingly. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    eternalthinker
    A simple and nice point there ๐Ÿ˜€
    The hard thing is perhaps the pursuit to find that perfect combination!
    It's really very hard to get a combination that can give you a complete satisfaction. Only you can help you to get satisfy. Just weigh the things and see ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    you do something not very interesting, you might end up doing it for the sake of doing and not for the love of doing it. result - medicore performace. that will result in not so good money atfer all.
    pursuing what you would love to do most for next 50 yrs of life (to make a living ) is it.
    as far of how much money is too muc - my father would say -" if you can save 50% of your earnings, you have enough money"- i follow it and i am happy.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    you do something not very interesting, you might end up doing it for the sake of doing and not for the love of doing it. result - medicore performace. that will result in not so good money atfer all.
    pursuing what you would love to do most for next 50 yrs of life (to make a living ) is it.
    as far of how much money is too muc - my father would say -" if you can save 50% of your earnings, you have enough money"- i follow it and i am happy.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    durga
    my father would say -" if you can save 50% of your earnings, you have enough money"- i follow it and i am happy.
    I like that. ๐Ÿ˜€
    I shall follow suit. ๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Someone,I need help in this.I have the answer but I can't think of a solution.I have tried a few things,though... Parameterization of the leaf of Descartes. y=tx => x= (3at)/(1+t^3)...
i need project ideas for my mini project . i would like to do project involving micro-controllers. preferably using AT89c51. can anyone help me as am totally blank . can't...
Prof.Anant Agarwal scores a century stuffing 100 cores on one chip. As if that is not enough, he may be eyeing putting a 1000. He may overtake Sachins run record...
Madam Marie Curie shown the door for ineligibility as a scientist! https://www.wired.com/thisdayintech/...+wired/index+(Wired:+Index+3+(Top+Stories+2))
An amazing demo of quantum levitation from Tel Aviv University, Israel! Another: