Every Second Counts

Aw!Struck

"She was right, and I knew it. I apologized, and gave some thought to winning and losing, and how to handle each. When you win, you don’t examine it very much, except to congratulate yourself. You can easily, and wrongly, assume it has something to do with your rare qualities as a person. But winning only measures how hard you’ve worked and how physically talented you are; it doesn’t particularly define you beyond those characteristics.
Losing, on the other hand, really does say something about who you are. Among the things it measures are: do you blame others, or do you own the loss? Do you analyze your failure, or just complain about bad luck? If you’re willing to examine failure, and to look not just at your outward physical performance, but your internal workings, too, losing can be valuable. How you behave in those moments can perhaps be more self-defining than winning could ever be. Sometimes losing shows you for who you really are."
- from Every Second Counts, Lance Armstrong.

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Very nice, btw I'm an experienced loser if anyone needs advices for how to handle it 😉
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Very nice.
    Btw, Is that "Every second counts", the autobiography of Lance Armstrong?
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Very true said lines. I believe in my line

"Only a successful person knows the real meaning of failure "
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I am not sure though but i think "Its not about the bike , My journey back to life " is his autobiography.

That book is a real good one..the first Ebook i have read.😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Frnds... My name is rishabh.I m pursuin my B.Tech frm NIT Allahabad(if u knw..lol).. Well!!i m in 2nd year.I dont have many ideas abt discipline of engineering...bt yess watever...
Seems Microsoft gets new people for marketing, different & very nice advertisment for their Office 2010..the movie 😀 The technical preview seems nice but I'll keep sticking with OpenOffice. Office...
Hello fellow Ok I'm not going to pretend that I happened to have this brainwave all by myself (although that would make me COOLER 😁) but I've been totally inspired...
Hi, Do we have "session expired page" for logged in members if they are idle for long time? I haven't seen it even after lost my session. When I tried...
Paris, 28th May 2009 - AeroGRID, the aerial imagery consortium, has new offices in the city of Padua, Northern Italy. As well as providing AeroGRID’s main sales outlet for Italy...