Euro NCAP-Intriduction on how crash test is done

As we discussed yesterday about the crash test I would like to add some important aspects considered by Euro NCAP to give ratings.
Last year about 36 vehicles were tested and 8 found to satisfy their rating and got 5stars.The leading companies fighted and the following companies emerged winner in their own segment.
#Renault Clio – Supermini
#Volvo V40 – Small Family
#BMW 3 Series – Large Family
#FIAT 500L and Ford B-MAX –
Small MPV
Ford Kuga – (Small Off-Road
4x4)
Hyundai Santa Fe -( Large Off-
Road 4x4)
Ford transit – Business and
Family Vans

The last year sae some inclusion in tests to find the reliability of "autonomous emergency braking" and "intelligent speed assistance".
They gave marks for adult occupant,child occupant,pedestrian and safety assist.
What about your view on this testing process.I dont know why toyota misses this competition?
Do you think this present techniques of grading is enough for finding safest vehicles or we want to still ugrade?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Can you post some links stating why these cars emerged victorious over the other cars

Child occupant in the sense if the car is let aside with a child inside of something like that I guess
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    After that post about Alto, I seriously don't trust this safety tests and grading system. I think they are another type of dummy publicity stunts. Defacing other companies.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Conqueror
    Can you post some links stating why these cars emerged victorious over the other cars

Child occupant in the sense if the car is let aside with a child inside of something like that I guess
    The following link explains the detailed description of tests and its procedures: #-Link-Snipped-#

on child occupant test:two dummies of about 1.5 & 3year old baby dummies were made to sit in the rear seats in their respectable child safety seats and tests were done.The head movement,neck,force on chest are the critical measurements taken and a car with high ratings define higher safety and reliability.
    Nayan Goenka
    After that post about Alto, I seriously don't trust this safety tests and grading system. I think they are another type of dummy publicity stunts. Defacing other companies.
    Hi bro you are mistaken.Euro NCAP is an non profit organisation and it was backed by more than seven governments .It was based in Belgium and it is a independent car assesment organisation created by european governments to ensure safety.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    gives you an insight idea on Euro NCAP.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    CSK AUTO
    Hi bro you are mistaken.Euro NCAP is an non profit organisation and it was backed by more than seven governments .It was based in Belgium and it is a independent car assesment organisation created by european governments to ensure safety.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    gives you an insight idea on Euro NCAP.

Yeah right. But I still don't find it to trust their assessment. No car which they rate 0 in safety should ever clear the manufacturing unit in the first place. Alto is one of the most selling cars in India. Seems a bit tough to digest it.
    Nayan Goenka
    Yeah right. But I still don't find it to trust their assessment. No car which they rate 0 in safety should ever clear the manufacturing unit in the first place. Alto is one of the most selling cars in India. Seems a bit tough to digest it.
    We cant justify that statement that only selling numbers wont gives assurence on safety.
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    My point is not whether it is good car or a bad car. My point is when on international standards, a car scores 0, it is not eligible to come out on the roads in the first place. So this leaves us with two options :
    Either the Assessment organisation is useless, they don't know how to rate a car and framing other companies
    Or the car is really Crap.

Now Alto has been on roads for more than a decade now and it seems to be performing perfectly fine. Not many accidents of particularly Alto and its paper design as it is shown in that video. Since the second is not true, First option needs to be highlighted.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A lot has been going on regarding what the hyperloop would be, what design could it hold. Elon Musk, the co-founder and CEO of Tesla Motors had announced that he...
A lot has been going on recently about the announcement of the Hyperloop by Elon Musk, the co-founder and CEO of Tesla Motors. The hyperloop is a transport system which...
our Building situated side of a main road, heavy weighty vehicle used this high road, if a vehicle pass the road then i feel small earthquake in my room/building some...
According to recent news,for Mars One project which is scheduled to launch in September 2022 with a view to colonize the RED Planet, more than 100,000 applications have been received....
Earlier we'd covered of NASA's 3D Printing In Space @ Zero Gravity In ISS, and in the video featured below the NASA officials emphasize on the importance of this all....