Etisalat to get 25% stake in Reliance Communications

UAE's leading telecom operator, Etisalat is in talks with Reliance Communications to acquire 25% stake. The worth of the deal is estimated at INR. 18000 Cr. Rumors are that Etisalat will buy additional 20% directly from public once the initial acquisition is done.

Currently, Reliance Communications Chairman Mr. Anil Ambani holds about 67% stake in the company; which after the acquisition will come down to about 55%. However, the overall deal will help Reliance pump-up its paid-up capital by 25% and also strengthen its position in 3G services rollout. The company has already paid about INR. 8500 Cr. for 3G services. The company will have to pay even more to make the service available.

Source: UAE's Etisalat in talks to buy 25% stake in Reliance Communications - Times of India

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Source: Delicious Founder Joshua Schachter Leaves Google Founder of one of the most popular bookmark sharing service, Del.icio.us is quitting Google: Twitter / joshua schachter: today is my last day...
As HP flexes its muscles to acquire the EDS group for about $12.5 billion; the company has said that it will fire over 9000 employees over the next few months....
Samsung's upcoming Android phone which currently runs Android 2.1 (and will soon be upgraded to Android 2.2) is ready for launch in about 110 countries. According to Korea IT Times,...
AT SID 2010, Toshiba amazed audience with its latest creation; paper thin LCD that can zoom in/out by bending it. At the conference, Toshiba actually zoomed in and out an...
Hello everyone.. I am a student of Mechanical engineering. I have recently developed an interest in CAD and CAE but as i am still learning, i often get stuck.That's why...