Error: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" - How to fix?

Every time I open my system, I encounter this application error.. What does this mean? Edit: Error message: The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

ce1

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's always difficult to answer questions that don't offer details. How about providing some details about -

1. What's the operating system? (Windows Vista or 7)
    2. Are there any service packs installed?
    3. Did you remove any hardware / software before the error popped up?
    4. Which application were you trying to start that shows the error?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    -open "command prompt" with administrator rights.
    -run sfc, type "sfc.exe/scannow" or "sfc/scannow" (ignore inverted commas)

this will fix the broken system files.
    If it doesnot fix then insert Windows 7 disk & click on repair the computer during boot screen.

Even if it fails, then move to Linux, everyone are welcome in our free openworld 😁
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    1. Download this tool-> HiJackThis download | SourceForge.net
    2. Scan & Save log file.
    3. Upload log file somewhere or pastebin.com.
    4. Send the link to me in Private message or visitor message.

It looks like unwanted (virus) to me.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    One reason for such error could be some corrupted start up function. Another could be broken system files (as Troll_So_Hard said), so check if this helps:
    • Open command prompt with administrator rights and type chkdsk c: /r and press enter. This will take some time but may fix the problem.
    Also if the above does not works , Do This: when this error comes, open Task Manager and from the Applications tab, right click on Error message App (whatever it's name is) and select "Go To Process " and do tell us the process name, it may help in identifying the problem.
    Hope it helps!
  • Beginner
    Beginner
    Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience..😔
    I'm using the Windows 7 Home Basic, I'm encountered with this error immediately when I start my windows (on start up).
    Even I've not installed or uninstalled any software..
    I'll try following the suggestions you all have made.. and inform if they don't work..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sajjad Ahmed, Civil Engineer, Master in Structural Engineering, interested in study of structural concrete: theory, design, applications etc
I am in need of a software that takes material takeoffs for plumbing and electricals. What software to use? Anyone?
anyone please tell me all types of analysis is to be done in cadence tool for a differential voltage current conveyor and how can we done it please provide me...
currently i am searching job in l1 unix support
Happy B'day to CrazyEngineers and The_Big_K.... 🎉 So how are we going to celebrate today and will there be any surprises???