Error: Google Chrome could not load the page

I'm facing a problem accessing webpages. I'm unable to access a few websites.
The error message requires me to do this:
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
How do I do that?
I'm using Google Chrome 19.0.1084.56 m. I have checked the internet connection. It's working fine.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Which firewall software are you using? Check for the allowed programs settings.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I'm using Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus.
    Ok, I'll check for the settings.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    I'm using Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus.
    Ok, I'll check for the settings.
    Where do you get the error? In chrome or through Windows pop-up? Is there any particular website that triggers this error? Have you tried with Firefox? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I'm getting the error in Chrome.
    Facing the problem mostly with YouTube.com . Other webpages do load after refreshing 6-7 times, but with YouTube it loads and then again gets disconnected. I was doing a tutorial series and I need to complete it asap.
    This is the error message I'm getting:

The server at YouTube can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. DNS is the network service that translates a website's name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventingGoogle Chromefrom accessing the network.
    Here are some suggestions:

• #-Link-Snipped-# this webpage later.
    • Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
    • Check your DNS settings. Contact your network administrator if you're not sure what this means.
    • Try disabling network prediction by following these steps: Go to the wrench menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... and deselect "Predict network actions to improve page load performance." If this does not resolve the issue, we recommend selecting this option again for improved performance.
    • Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    • If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu >Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
    Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    I tried Firefox now, it's working fine with Firefox.
    Working fine with IE too.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Are Other browsers working?? if yes , then try clearing cache or use incognito window mode.

edit: try it: uncheck this
    [โ€‹IMG]

here is the source: Why are Web Pages Not Opening in Google Chrome? - Digital Inspiration
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Yes, I emptied the cache and deleted the cookies. The problem is showing in both normal and incognito windows.
    I unchecked here:

Untitled
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Bad luck.
    Now IE and Firefox aren't responding too. ๐Ÿ˜ญ
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I think its problem of low memory...
    try luck on restarting your machine.โ˜•
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    No, there is enough memory on the C drive.

Yes, I'm in 'luck by chance' phase.
    YouTube loaded now, completed one tutorial; until it starts goofing around with me again. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    the low memory is not on C drive I am taking about, I meant RAM.
    I just read somewhere that browsers go very slow when they are low on RAM.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    ianoop
    the low memory is not on C drive I am taking about, I meant RAM.
    I just read somewhere that browsers go very slow when they are low on RAM.
    Oh ok, didn't know that. ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am basicaly Fire safety consultant. I am in Fire protection system exicutions, Designs, Estimates and training etc. You are welcome to clarify about Fire protection sytem guidelines etc regards,...
๐Ÿ˜€ hello crazy engineers ..... i am varsha a 2nd year ece student and wanna a part of this community ..๐Ÿ˜Ž after 2 years of engineering now i realized that...
Hi, I just came to know about CE and found it interesting and joined immediately.
I am not able to resize picture when inserting from link or uploading it. Is this bug ?? Also it shows whole code for a moment in advance option. If...
i'm pursuing mechanical engineering now i wanna make a nitro racing car for my project to be given in next sem. so i need some help... everyone's comment or message...