engineers with arty side

I am serious, the more arty i become - the more am I possed with question " why did you choose engineering- you could have become a painter" or " you are in a wrong profession", I admit it feels good when someone admires your art but I as well get confused thinking is it not alright to be interested in both the worlds ??
For me art is a form of relaxation , while engineering is more of what I do, its difficult to imagine how I would be if I am not an engineer..

I am curious, is it like i am abnormal or there are others too like me?How many of you are artistically inclined?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Watch this -

[video=youtube;CmYDgncMhXw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDgncMhXw[/video]

...all engineers lead an abnormal life. πŸ˜‰
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    ha ha nice video πŸ‘
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Hahaha
    Nice video
    The scientific truth is this: engineer until there is one degree of freedom - the rest is art!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I pretty much enjoy sketching stuff (but hate painting). I suppose engineering and arts do overlap at times, hehe.

@biggie
    damn funny vid, lol.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I used to paint, and I am sketching only since past fewmonths. I feel sketching is nicer than painting, it gives much more details and the video is obviously funny,but I do wish people would not suggest me to give up engineering for the sake of sketching πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Fantastic video there πŸ˜€ awesome!!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    *sulks*
    was this thread meant for video or the post " engineering +art"
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I have been into a drawing lesson for 3 consecutive summers. I entered into a mural painting contest during High school and joined summer vacation. I also love cartooningπŸ˜€. So I'm an engineer with arty sideπŸ˜€
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    Lol! My friends know better! I am one of the artistically inclined CEan. πŸ˜›

I draw, paint, make something(weird) from any craft material!

Ah and yes, tattooing is my new found interest! I find it pretty interesting! 😁
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Most of the engineers are good artists because we are always innovative with our thoughts as we implement new things but choosing right stream and right time at right place is very important.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    i enjoy art 😁 i love sketching and painting equally πŸ˜€

i can say that is one reason i chose civil 😁 i can draw many plans and not sit just with the computer πŸ˜›
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Art is not only in sketching images... It also resides in the way people hand things... πŸ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Please can you able to put up some interesting(even if it is difficult its ok) project topics on IMAGE PROCESSING.I am really in need for this.Please give some ideas.
I wasnts top prepare on circuit that we can do following job by sending one SMS, 1. Lock 2. Un lock 3. Start Car 4. Start AC Please Reply Is...
Source: Oracle Hires Former HP CEO Mark Hurd As Co-President Former HP CEO's got a new job as co-president of Oracle. What say?
You might like this - [video=youtube;KIK78jQo_0s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIK78jQo_0s[/video]
IBM claims that they've developed the world's fastest processor with speed at about 5.2 GHz; without using Liquid Nitrogen to cool it off. Watch this video - [video=youtube;iL-KeSSbvhY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL-KeSSbvhY[/video]