Engineering tricks in Chithannavasal

Chithannavasal is a rock cut temple of Jain saints in 2nd century. Its also known for its painting as in Ajanta. The rock cut temple was about 70 m from the ground level.

This is the general information, many of them might have known. Apart from this, there is a hidden factor in it.

I have been to the place long back , It was an interesting experience (according to me).
First, the paintings. It was painted only on the ceiling with lot of works ( At present the painting works are totally destroyed, Since it was painted using natural colors, people scrap it).

Then, there was one small room closed at all sides. In one side of the work, there was a image of a person, doing meditation. When one person stands in the center of that room, and breath slowly and deeply , that person can feel the vibration over there. If group of people, does the same activity, there is no vibration. ( why it is so )

People over there said, vibration is due to the power of meditation created by the Jain saints

but, I felt there might be some engineering tricks done by the jain saints in building up that rock cut cave.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Interesting information. Can you post some photos of this temple?
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    AbraKaDabra
    #-Link-Snipped-# Interesting information. Can you post some photos of this temple?
    chit

Source: got the picture from Google image

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anyone interested in comparing the tech specs of Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X? Here's a chart that shows who's got what? Battery seems to be the big differentiator...
"i'm a new user so please don't delete my post if i posted it in wrong community" i am using visual studio 2010 professional .while running my project ,splash screen...
Are you ready to wield the world's first and only LaserSaber - a radiant blade that pulses with energy. LaserSabers are energized by the light of Wicked Lasers, harnessing the...
The People's Car Project is an initiative launched by VW in China to design the new people's car, an open-source project where citizens can submit ideas to VW’s R&D in...
Quirky & GE are joining forces to make an everyday product smarter with software. Check out the video for a few details - You can log-in to https://ge.quirky.com/ Submit your...