engineering dynamics quastion

A 200lb bungee jumper jumps from a bridge 130 feet above a river. The bungee cord has an unscratched length of 60 feet and a spring constant of k=14lb/ft
Using the computer program Excel compute and plot graphs of the jumper’s velocity and acceleration as a function of the distance from the bridge. Consider only the time from the jump to the maximum stretch of the cord (don’t compute the rebounding part).
Question:
a) How far above the river is the jumper at the lowest point?
b) What is the jumper maximum velocity and where does this occur?
c) What is the maximum tension in the cord and where does this occur?
This is Free Fall: F=ma
What is wrong with my equetion?
I am fine on my acceleration but my Velocity equation is not working.

because when Y=118.4 my Velocity should be 0

So help me solve for Velocity

[​IMG]

Replies

• rus
    rus
    Look like worked if I take absolute value of my Acceleration and Velocity
    but please check if i am correct.
    this is my data from excel:

[​IMG]
    is my graph from data looks right?
    [​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Network Activity Indicator for Windows 7 File Size: 66 License: Free Operating System: Windows 7 Network Activity Indicator displays the old 'two monitors' icon in Windows 7 that flashed blue...
hiii friends i m making a practical model of boost converter ... V r trying to boost 24 v d.c to 300 v d.c ...... so plz if any body...
Can any one tell in which site the BEA web logic server 9.2 standard edition or enterprise edition is available? I need it urgently..
i am new to this forum so please give guidence to me and i want seminar topics related to 2nd ece if u have the topic along with ppt its...
hi friends, i am using fuzzy logic in my project and i am a little confused over the rule setting part of the fuzzy logic for my data which involves...