Engineer wants to be a social worker

i m studing in ECE 7th sem and i have capused to the compony but i have interested in to do any social service to my country how can achieve my goal?which is best way to go for that?some of my friends told that go on prepering for IAS exam with doing job.help me to overcome from my confusion regarding this!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    IAS is far away from social work and I'd say you should avoid it. The Indian system reders IAS folks totally non-functional. Social work doesn't need any qualification. There are a ton of NGOs out there. Get associated with any of them and start being on the fields. You'll find your own way there.
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    sir i want more information about NGO
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    sir i want more information about NGO
    NGO is any non-government organisation. You'll have to search for NGOs in your city/town. There are lot of NGOs that engage in social work and you can associate with any of them. I can't offer much help, but you can search on Google for more information about how NGOs function and what kind of work they do. You might even search for "NGOs in " in Google to see if there are websites of such organisations that function in your area.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Social Service is a vast area and contribution from people of all feild is required,most of the social workers are part-timers are use their knowledge ans skill to serve the society within thier capacity
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I know few engineering students who started social work during their first year of engineering. They're on the fields, helping people, participating in social causes and yet excel in their studies. You've to do what you do with passion and everything is possible. Associating with an NGO could be a good start if you are totally clueless.
  • SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    SHIVAJIKARNATAKA
    k sir i will try
  • kingdavid
    kingdavid
    The_Big_K
    IAS is far away from social work and I'd say you should avoid it. The Indian system reders IAS folks totally non-functional. Social work doesn't need any qualification. There are a ton of NGOs out there. Get associated with any of them and start being on the fields. You'll find your own way there.
    Thank for reply this thread .my problem is same problem.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One of my friend completed his BSc in bio tech.but he did not got the seat in mca.what he want to do now.is there any alter native way in his...
If you're looking for a crazy office gadget, take a look at the popinator - the gadget that pops pop-corn in your mouth. All you have to do is 'command'...
Microsoft launched Office 2013 few months ago in public beta and has announced that the official launch will follow on October 25. The company recently released the pricing of Office...
Solar Roadways seem to have come up with a solution to end world's energy problems. Looks like a team of engineers is proposing to turn roads into solar powered energy...
Indian Government seems to be planning an agency to monitor what's happening on the Indian online media. The agency will make sure that there are no 'negative comments' about the...