Energymeter

Hi frnds..
How the blinking of LED in the digital energy meter can be sensed?
whether it is possible to sense the blinking of LED of digital energy meter using the IR transmitter and IR receiver?
give the detailed information..........

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    What do you mean by sensed? You want to create a blinking LED or you want to check whether a blinking LED is working perfectly? If its the latter case, you can use a tank circuit to check if the power is blinking. 😀
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    can anyone give the detailed information about tank circuit along with its circuit diagram.
    vikeshrajan
    can anyone give the detailed information about tank circuit along with its circuit diagram.
    Tank Circuit is a simple circuit with a Capacitance and an Inductance...
    [​IMG]

It has to be tuned according to your needs. The induction and capacitance combo makes current to go in an alternating form so that it seems to blink...

Check this circuit too... If you can device a reverse of it, the potential difference will be 0. It can be used to detect the blinking... 😀
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • vikeshrajan
    vikeshrajan
    can we detect the blinking of LED in digitalmeter using photodiodes..................give me the detail information
    You can use a LDR (Light Dependent Resistor) and find if it is closing the circuit and opening it frequently. Use a timer to detect the opening and closing. I suggest you can go for the 555 timer... 😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    vikeshrajan
    Hi frnds..
    How the blinking of LED in the digital energy meter can be sensed?
    whether it is possible to sense the blinking of LED of digital energy meter using the IR transmitter and IR receiver?
    give the detailed information..........
    It is CF Pulses LED Blinks on every Energy pulses and when it reaches to 32000 it becomes 1KWH. that is indication for energy pulses that used by load.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google's Android pushed Blackberry OS to #1 spot and became the top smart phone operating system in the US. Android now enjoys 31.2% share of overall smartphone OS market in...
CEans, We've not had CE meet since long and it's high time that we plan for one. For those who aren't aware, CE meets are our offline meets where CEans...
I hope DoT India is planning for April Fool's Day. According to Operators get deadline for Skype, BlackBerry info - The Times of India DoT has issued deadlines for the...
Sorry to write such a title...(as its not a new branch of engineering). I just needed some help from you people in deciding should engineering be considered according to situations..?...
I've been hearing few good and bad reviews about the WiMAX services being offered in India. It looks like Tata and Reliance are the big players and there are also...