Energy management problem

hi,
this is the first time i am trying out such problem. give me ideas
"Consider a mountain which has a height of 300meters above sea level. The plains at the foot of the mountain are 200meters above sea level. The mountain is 50Km long and runs from east to west. A road runs parallel to the mountain. The road is located to the south of the mountain. The distance between the road and the mountain is 1Km throughout the length. Consider a part of the mountain of length 2Km. There are residential houses on the south-facing side of the mountain, parallel to the road. There are residential houses on the plains as well. The total number of residential houses in that area is 1000, where 300 houses are on the slope of the mountain and the remaining are on the plains. Unfortunately, the area in-between the mountain and the road has water table below 600feet. So the government constructed a bore well to the south side of road where the water table starts at a depth of 150feet.They pumped water from there to a tank of capacity 2000 meter cube, situated on the top of the mountain. From there the water (for drinking and domestic purpose) is supplied through pipes to the houses on the slope of mountain and to the houses on the plains. Further the average temperature in that area all around the year is around 20 degree Celsius. So the people there had a habit of taking bath in hot water. In a survey it was found that the electricity consumption in that area for hot water bathing was a huge figure. The average wind speed in that area is 4m/s. The incoming wind direction is from west for January - March. The wind direction is from south-east for April - June. The incoming wind direction is from south for July - October. The incoming wind direction is from north for remaining months. The average annual rainfall in this area is about 100cm. Chart out a plan to reduce the overall energy consumption in the above case-study by implementation of energy efficient methods and eco- friendly energy sources , so that all the basic needs of the people residing there are catered to, and energy wastage in that area is reduced to a minimum."

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    This is great! Looking forward to reading all of the creative ideas from fellow CEans!
  • Harshad Katre
    Harshad Katre
    Hey have you solved this problem?? This sounds to be impressive but want time to think on it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, CE's I' m looking for buying a sony's mini laptop(10'') with atom processor... but i'm in one confusion will this atom processor supports for multiple applications... please if some...
Hi Everyone , i'm a computer sciences engineering student from morocco , and i'm wondering how can i got a Summer Training for this year , and if it's possible...
there is a blue window error message in my computer.windows is not starting.now i am working on linux. what should i do?
Hey guys i really loved Crazy Engineers Forum but i think this forum need a chat box so that we can chat with all other crazy people ๐Ÿ˜
I have been researching business organization and I come across digital asset management software. It seems like it would help my venture, but I would appreciate some feed back on...