ENDUI Is A New Anti Drunk Driving App Developed By Maryland Highway Safety Office

The state of Maryland experienced 162 fatalities on road due to drunk driving last year. In order to reduce the fatality count the highway safety office of Maryland have developed a new ENDUI app. This app measures blood’s alcohol level and cognitive abilities of the driving person. Lets take a look on how this app finds these measures and which action is performed that will tell the driver to drive the vehicle or not.

CE002

The most interesting feature of this app is the measurement of blood’s alcohol level. No, there is no use of any sensor in the smartphone, it makes user to input the type and name of alcoholic beverages he/she has consumed on the given evening. The user also have to input his/her personal details like height, weight and gender. After, collecting the data from user the app calculates alcohol level in blood and warns users to either take a ride home or call a taxi. Every state have a different blood alcohol limit so the app will warn according to the state. Since, the app estimates the results, relying on the app is inappropriate.

CE001

The second feature includes two interactive games which makes app to gauge the mental abilities of the user at that point. These games tests the concentration and reaction time. The first game checks reaction time by making user to tap brake on screen while a particular object comes close. while the other checks concentration and memory by a simple memory game displaying road signs on the phones screens.

The app have some other features like facts about DUI, a taxicab finder, a user generated list of designated drivers and a direct button for calling 911. This app is available to download for iOS and Android. Share your views and suggestions on how this app can become more efficient through your comments.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Jessy78
    Jessy78
    Yeah that’s quite an innovative idea but is this going to help at all? My apologies but I am quite sceptical about it. My friend who is a system admin with a #-Link-Snipped-# told me that this might help a bit time but definitely it can make a little difference.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A group of BYU engineering students have successfully built a car that can travel the distance from to Utah to Michigan (=1353 miles) on a single gallon of fuel. This...
Quote: If Germany has taken a pioneering though risky role in shifting to renewable energy, then the tiny village of Feldheim -- population 150 -- is at its vanguard. The...
Folks, Today we published the 99th interview in "Founders Circuit - The Venture Capture Series of Interviews". This is a proud moment for the entire CrazyEngineers team as we have...
Hello friend's I have seen that many UI developers create 8 to 10 pages in a day. How they can able to design complex to complex pages in a day...
Hello friends, Any one have idea how can web integrate web ui with xml so that by configuring the elements in xml we can able to develop web ui like...