Encoder Scale

I'm still having some trouble understanding the scale that my encoder uses. The datasheet for the encoder is found at this website: #-Link-Snipped-#
The datasheet for the motor I'm using is found here #-Link-Snipped-# I'm using a 7.2V voltage source. At full speed the encoder gave an output with a frequency of 2.5 kHz. This doesn't seem to make sense to me. At full speed it seems like it should be running at around 10k rpm. The encoder says 32 counts per turn. Is that the same thing as 32 pulses per revolution? Can someone just give me a brief explanation on how to interpret the data sheet for the encoder? Thanks.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys. I should have asked this WAY earlier, but as a selective few of you know, I am an aspiring electrical engineer. I'm not very knowledgeable yet, and that's...
hey CEans, I've just made this userbar it's one of my fist tries, any ideas for another one are very welcomed & will see if I could design them ๐Ÿ˜›...
Happy Birthday mouli / paresh . Keep rocking Guys. ๐Ÿ˜๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿ˜:myparty: -Crazy (Engineers)
Hi, I have Hp 6830 US laptop. In this laptop two left side USB ports are not working for the devices which requires power. Example:- Ports are not working for...
market has been seeing multi level rise in the past few years. If industry sources are to be believed, this upward graph has no sign of coming down or...