Emergency : Software needed

Hello friends...
I am Jasdeep Singh.
I am pursuing my B.Tech in civil engineering from DAVIET, Jalandhar..

I require some help urgently.

Actually, we have freshers on 4th September.
In freshers, we have one event in which we choose Mr. Turbunator from boys and Ms. Smile from girls.
I need such a software that, when audience sends a SMS on my mobile (which is connected to my laptop), that software reads the particular code and update the database with that code and that is displayed on the screen...

For example, we have 3 boys named A, B and C.
People send msg on my mobile as TUR A or TUR B or TUR C or sumthing like that.
That software should read this code and according to, if it is for A, the votes of A get increased by 1 and similarly for B & c.

As u know that, i m from Civil department, i don't have much knowledge about all the databases and VB coding.
So i request all of you to please help in this case.😔
My e-mail id is

Thanx in advance,
Jasdeep Singh
Reffered by : Kashish Malhotra

Replies

• kashish0711
    kashish0711
    Hey guys this is really urgent, we need your help, I am from electrical and he is from civil so basically we both are computer illiterates and we have nearly zero time 😔

Come on guys, help us out here, eagerly waiting for response, Thanks in advance.........
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    hi fbird90, first welcome to CE.
    please dont mention Email addresses here on CE. First go through the rules of CE.

WINNERS DONT DO DIFFERENT THINGS..THEY DO THINGS DIFFERENTLY..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You could use Short Code service provided by many bulk sms service providers. They have the facility to update records according to the SMS received with special codes. It works like the SMS voting system for most reality shows.
  • fbird90
    fbird90
    @ sahithi pallavi : Sorry for not going thru rules coz i dun have much time for dat.. i need this software urgently..

@ The_Big_K : Buddy, i am seriously illiterate in this field. Can u plz tell me sumthing in detail..
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    A quick google search came up with the following resources that match your needs:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
    (costs money, but demo version available)

Host interactive online meetings | Poll Everywhere
  • fbird90
    fbird90
    @ mad_scientist : I checked out the link sent by you...
    Thanx for ur concern but the demo version will allow me to recieve 25 votes per poll..
    But in our event my mobile will be flooded with SMS like anything!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    fbird90
    @ mad_scientist : I checked out the link sent by you...
    Thanx for ur concern but the demo version will allow me to recieve 25 votes per poll..
    But in our event my mobile will be flooded with SMS like anything!!!
    Go for a commercial plan. I doubt you can get a software developed in just a day or two to do that.

One of our CEans has already developed a software that (I think) does what you are looking for. Will inform him.
  • safwan
    safwan
    fbird90
    @ sahithi pallavi : Sorry for not going thru rules coz i dun have much time for dat.. i need this software urgently..

@ The_Big_K : Buddy, i am seriously illiterate in this field. Can u plz tell me sumthing in detail..

Brother we can help and our CEan are hwlping you but you must read the following post before we deliver you solution.😀

Please SMS text is not alowed on CE.:smile:
    . Borther remember No pain No gain.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I give some problem of double linked list program. so please give me a program for implementation of double linked list using c++ language. The functions are insert, delete, search,...
i m in 3rd year computer science engg. i m looking forward to go for summer training after this year. But could not get any right path to jump into....
hey guys....m new to d forum so sry fr ne mistakes....guys i need an innovative idea for a software....as in d concept....or what it should....my brains nt wrkin d creative...
3M launches its most comfortable cup-shaped respirator yet 3M, the diversified technology company, has introduced a new addition to its market leading range of disposable respirators. The company, a leading...
3M, the diversified technology company, develops hearing products specifically aimed at the manufacturing industry, to try and help prevent workers suffering from workplace hearing loss. Some 170,000 people in the...