EM waves

hello CEians.
there is doubt in my mind regarding EM waves.๐Ÿ˜•
we all know that EM waves are generated by "accelerating charged particles".
that's true.
but, what about the situation when "a charge is kept stationary and the EM wave detector is accelerated with respect to the charge".
can we still detect EM waves??
its something crazy..๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• ashish.sharma30
    ashish.sharma30
    hello CEians.
    there is doubt in my mind regarding EM waves.๐Ÿ˜•
    we all know that EM waves are generated by "accelerating charged particles".
    in presence of external field.
    that's true.
    but, what about the situation when "a charge is kept stationary and the EM wave detector is accelerated with respect to the charge" in presence of external field.
    can we still detect EM waves??
    its something crazy..๐Ÿ˜
  • sasuke
    sasuke
    Correct, EM Wave exist because of accelerating or movment charge & charge movement also can affacted by EM wave.
  • ashish.sharma30
    ashish.sharma30
    thank you for your reply.
    but i m cleared wid dis doubt...that EM waves are the properties of the accelerating charged particles only..not the system.
    i appreciate more comments and suggetions..please correct if i am wrong.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

cant we run a piston with electro magnetic power wherein we use the AC and DC battery at the opposite sides and make a piston head move in it as...
I used a 4ohm speaker in a project, with what modification can i use 8ohm speaker?
hello, i m abhinav nd doin civil engineering frm saroj insstitute of technology & management,m in 2nd year.....and want to do a summer training after the completion of this year..........can...
i want to have a look on the papers submitted in IEEE. from where can i have a look or is there any website .do suggest me
is there is use of carburettor in SI engines as in petrol engines when the pressurised petrol is injected in cylinder directly.