Electronics Engineering Technician

I'm looking to go back to school for Electronics Engineering Technician and wanted some feed back on this career.

I'd like to know for starts what you do, whether it's and electronics engineer or technologist or technician, and what about it do you like/dislike?

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    You should always prefer to be a electronic engineer as it will give you basic understanding and advance knowledge of electronics letting you design and develop your own systems,and an Engineer has learn all the trades of a technician or technologist!!
  • Quoozy
    Quoozy
    I do prefer to be an electronic engineer but Second Career only funds 2 years max at a college level. The technician level will teach the basics of electronics, troubleshooting and entry level design and programming. After that I could and will pursue on my own the technologist level, so I can work with engineers.

I was wondering if I should lean toward the telecommunications field or stick with the manufacturing side to pursue working with engineers and may one day becoming one if I like it.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I kind of disagree about an engineer learning all the trades of a technician. In a lot of cases, the latter will deal with a lot more practical situations than the engineer.. to such an extent that they know their work inside out. While the engineer does have the capability to do so.. most of their time is spend on other things such as the design and management. Thus, when working on projects.. engineers need the help of technicians to assist them.

It depends on your goal. Are you knowledge orientated? Do you wish to study a lot of theory? Or do you already have something in mind on what to do and make?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @Quoozy: Maybe a better idea would be to go through syllabus. That would help you big way in making the right decision.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

how bikes are starting in gear like yamaha,cbz etc but low weight bikes not like splendor,passion not?
I am a Telecommunication engineer and I have made a energy haravesting circuit for my 4th year project. The problem which i have is that the circuit is not capable...
hi , i have one qestion is linux or unix or ubanto different from windows (vista or xp) i have always heard my teacher saying about linux &linux or ubnatu...
Orange Financials India’s fastest growing financial information group from Bangalore. Reliable, Accurate, Valuable- Stock Tips, Nifty Futures, Commodity & Bullion Calls. We have a dedicated team of Stock Analysts. We...
Hi I have started playing Counter Strike Online.I am having the problem of high latency when compared to the other players.It affects my accuracy.I tried switching off the Antivirus and...