Electronic type writers

Well we know that the mechanical power type writers had some ancient gear and ball mechanism which is quite old fashioned and precise

Now our challenge is to convert this retro type writer to suit our need So we will be partially incresaing it's speed by using Electronic controls instead of mechanical relays and gears

Pls pour in your ideas and we will see what is possible here in the lab

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    How does electronic type-writer proves better gadget than printers ?
    Why anyone will buy electronic type-writer when you can type in computer & print it out ?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Well Russia is moving towards Type writers

Challenging the present technology to redesign and reuse the past technology! - Why?
    #-Link-Snipped-#

But Tech opening to much has caused a little problem called Hacking That makes this a little better solution
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Well like I said here Challenging the present technology to redesign and reuse the past technology! - Why? we could use a manual dynamo mechanism to power the electronic head of the typewriter but I doubt how feasible it can get.

One element you've got to keep in mind is to not use electricity wherever possible - not using any electricity at all and also speeding up the mechanical movement of the type head could be the greatest challenge while redesigning the typewriter.
  • lal
    lal
    Wouldn't a type writer make editing much hard. If it works the same way as it used to be with mechanical type writers, things has to be perfect in one go. If we design one so as to have a display to prepare the document which can later be printed, then it is almost like a pc.

How is an electronic type writer supposed to work? Is it exactly like the conventional ones, perfect in one go but with an electronic head?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    What is the point of using a typewriter in the first case. And over that if you make it electronic, it will complicate things. What if you dont have electricity available (which was the innovation for that age to use typewriters). Plus an electronic typewriter seems nothing other than a Direct Printing Notepad to me without formatting tools.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    That is there you concentrate only on the head and the other parts related to placing a dot in the paper Why not the other control

Why typewriters? #-Link-Snipped-# has an answer readymade we debated on this topic last month mate

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

is it true that an i5 laptop supports only original windows 8?? like on other processors(dual core) people use pirated copy of windows, can't we use it on an i5...
explain in brief how does a plane fly what are forces acting on it ,what should be the take off angle??
my project idea is based on usage of gestures for control of electronic equipment... i was advised to do the project using LabVIEW. i need to get an idea of...
Can any one suggest a suitable controller that can effectively control pH which is a non linear parameter. In an IEEE transaction paper, I have noticed that conventional P &...
what is theory of equal transit times ??