Electronic Mapping Suggestion.

Hi guys, i need some help or rather suggestions here.. my team is working on a certain robot. THe main feature of the robot is the smarts. Using sensors it will be able to navigate around obstacles, measure using temperature differences the kind of material it is travelling on, and know its position with reference to a base at any time. We plan to do this primarily by sensors, antennas and a well programmed microcontroller. Our problem is this, we are unable to figure out a way to tell the robot what its operational area it. Some options are electronic fences, or a current bearing wire running around the boundaries etc. One idea that we had, perhaps, is to have the user walk the bounderies of the operational area with a transmitter, which will be calculated at the stationary recieving stations, the dimensions of the operational area. One way to do this is using EDM(electronic distance measurement). After doing some research it is still not very clear to us how it works. If anyone has any ideas on how to solve that problem, or knows how EDM works exactly, i would appreciate the responses. thank you

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Its Tested and Working very well. Dosen't even show in Windows Search. step by step process. The locking process: Go to run, type notepad and then press enter. Notepad opens...
Traffic Light System With Pedestrian Crossing hye.. i'm 3rd year student. I'm searching a circuit,diagram,flowchart and code programming using SHADOW for my mini project. My project is "Traffic Light System...
I want to share this article that I read about Lasik.Since Im also planning to undergo in the near future. Hope this one will to give more knowledge about Lasik....
I am REGIN from Thrissur,Kerala.............
Kindly tell me the link from which i can download loadrunner trial version.