electronic dictionary device using microcontroller

hi everyone well i m new in this site n at present i m doing my engineering last year..
well i m newbie in microcontroller n i m intersted in it. basic idea of microcontroller that i studied..so i wanna know that can we make electronic dictionary using microccontroller ???? well i know that controller has limited external memory so cn we implement this idea???๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

my basic idea is that word which we want to know meaning of tht input by key and and the database that we stored in external memory will execute n we can see result on LCD.. still i dnt know much more but if this can be implemented then give me suggestion....

Replies

• just2rock
    just2rock
    Using INTEL 8XC 196 series Microcontroller series it may be possible but need to know much specific about your query & also about the memory backbone you have planned for.
    Regards,
    J2R
  • v1e5n8u
    v1e5n8u
    hai......

You can make thats a wonderfull idea..
    Dont microcontroller has limited memory? How it could be possible?๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
  • sunank
    sunank
    hi,
    i m final yr. electronics student,i want to know how wi-fi works?
  • amolhshah
    amolhshah
    you can use 8951 controller and you can store all words information in external memory, you can use 24c512/1024 (512k/1024K bits memory) and communication will be using I2C protocol. If you need more memory then interface SD cards to the controller.

For updating the word list connect it to the PC and dwl the complete list frm PC.
    For scrolling through or for typing use matrix keypad and display on 4X16 alphanumeric display

check the link below you will get code for most of the interfacing
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • asamnoy
    asamnoy
    Here is a start
    #-Link-Snipped-# Operating Frequency
  • pacific85
    pacific85
    sunank
    hi,
    i m final yr. electronics student,i want to know how wi-fi works?
    hi sunank ,,well there is lot of info of wi-fi available on net u can starts from here n there are so many ebooks ,video tutorials available. so if u wanna link of this mail me
  • giteshguglani
    giteshguglani
    ya u can easily make that one.. u just interface a lcd, ASCII keyboard(u can copy the interfacing codes from the net ) or u can also interface a 16-bit keybad but it will b difficult for that. the main bone of the project is the programming which u have to do.. i m also making the same project this year u can mail me for furthur queries..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everybody.. I am working on control of Buck converters presently and was wondering if someone could help me with it. I want to design a compensation controller for it...
This is my first post on CE using Google's new Chrome Browser. Let me tell you - I haven't spent much time on Chrome so this is just a first...
Hello CEans this is rohan subbaiah here.I m totally confused over my further studies,i hav decided bout doin my MS but i dont know which field should i go into...

hi

hello everyone,
Hi I am in Electrical Engineering - final year student. I have to make a major project in this semester. I have some ideas. 1) Wireless Electricity transmission. This is...