Electronic Compass

I have a small remotely controlled vehicle and I want it to be able to determine its orientation. Can someone recommend some sort of electronic compass that fits easily into a breadboard and provides an analog voltage output to interface with a microcontroller. Thanks for any help.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What is your budget? You can try Sparkfun's one:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

It wont exactly fit on the breadboard, but you can run some jumper wires from it. Also, it uses an I2C interface. Not the analog you want, but it can still interface with the microcontroller.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    What ash said is a very good solution,I think if you can fit that compass it will make your work easy...try it and share the results with us!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I m Mtech student and has to create a model based on mecatronics(mech.+electronics) so plz help me out wat to make?
Hi there. I am 23 student from Scotland. Just started an Electronics and Electrical course at uni. Glad to be part of the forum and....um...yea... hello :dance:
Hi there. Wooo my first proper post. Right down to buisness. I have been using the schematics package tina. And I have a problem. This may be simple but I...
Hi mates, i have installed kubuntu in my pc. am in need some basic codes of linux and some more info about linux.
This is shocking. TV channels are reporting that there were financial irregularities over the year in Satyam's books ( revenues/cash balance/liabilities ). Satyam CEO, Mr. Ramalinga Raju has resigned! If...