Electricity Theft

Hey ,

Me looking for an idea to reduce electricity theft.......
As in our country it is more......

Me working on some ideas.......
If you have any idea reply to me.....

I will test those idea and tell you the reports......

Regards,
VIPUL

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Nice thought d_vipul! 😀

There must surely be ways to prevent these thefts. Especially in the Indian scenario, where we have mass shortage of electricity supply, we want people to come up with ideas to stop or control it.

For combating this problem can we use some kind of smart meters? Such meters should with integrated billing functions, provide real time energy consumption record. This can help in detecting illegal load almost immediately.

PS: I know, this measure can not prevent the theft. But they can control it. What say?
  • d_vipul
    d_vipul
    Hey AkD,

You are right.....

I know i cant stop it, but can be reduced practically..........

Me working on development of such digital meters to reduce theft......

Regards,
    VIPUL

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey , If you know please tell me how the boiler is constructed???? with materials used...... Regards, VIPUL
....or neither? See this video. A rather funny take on the topic. [video=youtube;oObrV0qDvGE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oObrV0qDvGE[/video] But seriously, let your opinions flow in..
At CE, we talk a lot about engineering. In fact we talk only about engineering. If you were asked by someone a question such as: “What's it like being an...
hii to all i`m final year student i`m working in my project which is about wireless electricity there are some difficults i`ve been through my searching i want to know...
Hi all, I am designing a four digit 7 segment display just using IC 74LS90 decade counter and 74LS47 BCD to 7 segment driver. My question is how to link...