CrazyEngineers
  • Ok hello. I am looking for opinions on what degree I should do. At the min I am Electronics and Electrical Engineering. But Because I am first year I can switch to a differant degree if I want without any problem. I would prefer to be doing Electonics and Communications engineering. My worry is that I am from the Uk and I feel that there seems to be more jobs in electrical. Can I have a british opinion on which engineering course would be better career wise and job opertunity wise. Thanks
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Kaustubh Katdare

AdministratorJan 6, 2009

We have lots of CEans from UK. Anyone?

[PS: In my humble opinion, you should go with the one which you find more interesting. Money follows, you know.]
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • Ashraf HZ

MemberJan 6, 2009

Yes, your heart tells you communications. Follow it, my friend *grin*

Seriously though, the prospects in communications is still really good anywhere around the world.

As you're in the UK, I suggest trying to get deep into optical communications as soon as you can. The technology and facilities are already available there, and there will be continued demand for that type of tech as telecommunication services have started to converge, and require really fast backbones to support them. That means there will be demand for optical comm engineers too 😀
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberJan 6, 2009

I agree,communication is booming now,including britain,and if you do course in communication it will be also helpfull for you to switch to electrical as many electrical systems are 30% electronics so lots of option in electrical too ,but not vice-versa,and you can also shift to computers if you like so
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register