Electrical or Communications Engineering

Ok hello. I am looking for opinions on what degree I should do. At the min I am Electronics and Electrical Engineering. But Because I am first year I can switch to a differant degree if I want without any problem. I would prefer to be doing Electonics and Communications engineering. My worry is that I am from the Uk and I feel that there seems to be more jobs in electrical. Can I have a british opinion on which engineering course would be better career wise and job opertunity wise. Thanks

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We have lots of CEans from UK. Anyone?

[PS: In my humble opinion, you should go with the one which you find more interesting. Money follows, you know.]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yes, your heart tells you communications. Follow it, my friend *grin*

Seriously though, the prospects in communications is still really good anywhere around the world.

As you're in the UK, I suggest trying to get deep into optical communications as soon as you can. The technology and facilities are already available there, and there will be continued demand for that type of tech as telecommunication services have started to converge, and require really fast backbones to support them. That means there will be demand for optical comm engineers too ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I agree,communication is booming now,including britain,and if you do course in communication it will be also helpfull for you to switch to electrical as many electrical systems are 30% electronics so lots of option in electrical too ,but not vice-versa,and you can also shift to computers if you like so

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This post comes after reading a blog post by Dominic Sayers: The company hierarchy - is it necessary? ยซ Dominic Sayers What I want to know is whether the pyramidal...
i am trying to write a keylogger in c++. I dont have any idea how to take input from different programs though. Any help?
Hye Friends, I want to know in general that how the dia of the warm shaft/size of warm gear is decided if know the input like moter rpm, size of...
CE is now officially 29,000 members strong! We added about 1000 new members in last 5.5 days ๐Ÿ˜€ ! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Discuss the announcement - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/11487-twenty-nine-thousand-ceans.html in this thread!