Electrical machines help.

1)an ideal transformer has 3 windings : 100 turns on primary winding P, 160 turns on secondary windings S and 60 turns on tertiary winding T . winding S feeds to a resistive load where as a pure capacitance load across winding T takes 20A.

calculate the current in the primary winding and its p.f.

2)
Fig.Q44 shows an ideal three-winding transformer. The three windings 1,2,3 of
the transformer are wound on the same core as shown. The turn’s ratio N1:N2:N3
is 4:2:1. A resistor of 10W is connected across winding-2. A capacitor of
reactance 2.5W is connected across winding-3. Widing-1 is connected across a
400 V, ac supply. If the supply voltage phasor V1 = 400Ð0°, the supply current
phasor I1 is given by

Replies

• dipankar0309
    dipankar0309
    (cant show the figure.. the 2nd question is gate 2003 q no 44 )
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Atleast post the question paper here friend I am not having it

Otherwise scan the paper showing the image and upload it here
    dipankar0309
    (cant show the figure.. the 2nd question is gate 2003 q no 44 )
    That can help us more

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We all know that universal motors run on both AC and DC power sources. now if a universal motor requires 12 V DC to work, then what would be the...
Google sure likes to kick ass, in as many directions as possible. It's latest indulgence is in the smartwatch segment, where it'll be lashing out at wearable device leaders Sony...
Spice Mobiles has launched a new phablet in the Indian market called the Spice Pinnacle Stylus Mi550. Though at first the name might misguide you, that is a new kind...
LG has just announced that it is ready to start mass producing its first flexible OLED panel for smartphones. LG Display, the company which has always been on top of...
I had asked this question to an ex-army personnel who was our guide at the Golan Heights in Israel. Israel and its neighbouring countries have been in a 'complicated' relationship...