Electrical contact design for 200A current

I am designing a switch of 200A rating. Can anybody suggest me how much thick contact material (AgCdO) should be used for the electrical contacts. The joint is of clip type.
What are the areas where changes needs to be done if the temperature at the contact surface is exceeding allowable limit when 200A current is passing though it?
This switch is mounted in a plastic chamber where air circulation is almost not present.
Will appriciate any type of suggestions.

Replies

• apsingh
    apsingh
    Dear ajim,

I am working as a freelance Consultant in feild of Electrical.

I provide services for Low Tension Switchgear Product ( Fusegear, controlgear and Circuit Breaker ) and my scope of working is Business development , Technical & Quality professional support.

I've over 25 years rich experience in product design & development.

You may please feel free to contact me anytime on my mobile no.

email:

It would be my pleasure to guide you in product designing.

Thanks,
    APS
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No Advertising on CrazyEngineers without permission. If you wish to advertise your services on CE, please get in touch at admin[at]crazyengineers[dot]com
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    I dont understand your concept, the size is not a problem, it can vary acc to your need.
    But what kind of switch are you making???
    no air circulation?
    what are you gonna use for arc extinguish??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i have Summer trainning from this june. so please tell me some IT companies which provides real time application project trainning at free of cost. specially in gurgaon....😕
Hi to all CE'ans! Please help regarding the husk fired steam power plant, what are the critical parts need to be focused? Thanks!

Hi!

Hi everyone - nice to meet you all! I'm from Indiana and I study computer engineering. I decided to join CE because I have some questions and maybe I can...
hello CE's, pls suggest me some REAL TIME APPLICATION (after software which can be physically implemented) projects based on IT industries....
Hi all, I am a new member. A telecom engineer. I have b tech in physics electronics technology Can sombody in the house help me out on how 2 get...