CrazyEngineers
  • Hello out there
    I need the help of an electric CE for an crazy selfmade electric genarator. The motor is a 2 zyl. 12 HP diesel engine and the genarator is brazilian with 7,5 KW capacity. Everything works fine, I can handle home lights, TV's and all smaller stuff and it works with the 60 Hz. When it comes to connect my fridge or a aircondition the voltage falls to almost 0 but the capacity should be enough to handle those things. I changed the brushes from the original carbon ones to carbon-copper and it got a little better but still doesn't generate what it should.
    Do anyone out there have an idea what's the issue that drives me crazy?
    Thanks from Ecuador
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • maheshkrishnan

MemberMar 5, 2008

Hay for Refrigrator and for A/C they will take intial pulll of current, so dripping will cause.
    Try to stabilize that first
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • sauravgoswami

MemberMar 6, 2008

buddy,u need some kinda pull-up device which will generate enough energy to cater to your AC or refigerator.As loading occurs when you switch your AC or refigerator!!
    Cancel
  • phoneworks

MemberMar 13, 2008

You need a automatic voltage regulator. Sometimes if you carry a heavy load with some generators, their voltage and frequency tend to change. Hence you need something that can regulate/keep the voltage and the frequency to normal
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register