Election pushes WBJEE to May 22

Aspirants of both the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations (WBJEE) and the Delhi pre-medical test might have to choose one as the WBJEE has been postponed from April 17 to May 22. The decision was taken on Tuesday in the wake of the West Bengal Assembly Elections. The Delhi pre-medical test is also scheduled for May 22.

“Practical difficulties in holding the exam on the earlier announced date were reported from various institutions. Problems will arise in booking the exam centres. Secondly, the school officials have been given polling duties in various districts and will leave before the elections begin on April 18. Moreover, transport services will be hit. These have, thus, forced the board members to decide on postponing the exams,” said WBJEE chairman Siddhartha Dutta.

The exam schedule on May 22: Mathematics from 9:30 am to 11:30am, physics and chemistry between 12:30 and 2:30pm, biology from 3:30pm to 5:30pm.
“However, if the court directs for a common entrance tests in medical, we will obey it and inform the students accordingly. The Supreme Court order has not yet reached me. We shall also wait for the MCI nod,” he added.

The announcement of results may also be delayed. “In case there is a delay, we will appeal in the Supreme Court to give us extra time,” said Dutta.

This year, around 1,30,000 students will take the test. Last year, the results were declared within 40 days of the exam

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I request all CEans to contribute the local tech news to CE. In my experience, local newspapers don't pay attention to tech news and focus on news that appeals to...
The Google Vs. China war is heating up. Google recently accused Chinese officials for banning access to company's popular email service 'Gmail', making it difficult for Chinese Internet users to...
Infosys founders top the list of richest techies in India. Starting with N.R. Narayan Murthy with a net worth $2 billion the other founders and their net worth is -...
'A' begins business with a capital of Rs. 800. After 4 months he takes in 'B' with a certain capital. 8 months after this, it is found that the total...
Two clocks begin to strike 8 together. one of them finises in 14 seconds and the other in 10.5 seconds. What is the interval between their fifth strokes? 1) 1...