Einstein or Newton?

Newton has his own theory for gravity. and Einstein had different views.

Lets share knowledge about these two different theories.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    According to Newton: A planet moves around the sun because of the gravitational force put out by the sun.
    According to Einstein: The planet chooses the shortest possible path throughout the four-dimensional world.

The lingering question is that, if Einstein's theory is right and no gravity is involved, why have not the planets collided into the sun?

@vipandeep: Correct me if I am wrong.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hi Everyone,
    Newton has given a theory which is only applicable for earth. If you consider the cosmos, all laws on earth fail in the universe. There is also a 'Time' factor which I will explain later.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    Here i am taking theory of einstein if velocity increaces it can overcome gravity and balencing also takes charge here if you see theory for time machine it may gives some reasons here
    correct me if i am wrong
  • ritesh05
    ritesh05
    @ ishu :- earth is apart of cosmos nothing fails out whatever is applicable to cosmos will applicable to earth under boundary condition( limit) . As so far have been proved by great edwin hubble that universe is expanding so there is no boundary condition to it so laws differs .According to great einstein there is space time warp concept simply mean that the time depend upon mass of the projected body .
    for eg:- light bend toward the object because of mass , greater the mass greater would be bending and slower the time this is called as ' time dilation ' which was explained by great einstein by taking the example of galaxies ( quasar ) . he simply states that gravity is a space property .
  • ritesh05
    ritesh05
    @ akd :- einstein has make biggest blunder of his life firstly by declaring universe as static by introducing cosmological constant ( as explained by nm ) but after the hubble's discovery later on he corrected himself there is still doubt what will happen but einstein never said that there is no gravity involved , gravity simply mean connection between two bodies which has mass but he make it clear with space time warp concept .lets hopes everything will be cleared in large hadron collider project
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    vipandeep
    Newton has his own theory for gravity. and Einstein had different views.
    Even the flat earth theory is valid in a restricted sense. The earth curves only about 18 cms/km. So a small tabletop looks flat though it is part of a sphere.
    It all has to do with the frame of reference. Newton's laws hold true in any given system (like our solar system). Relativity comes into play when multiple frames of reference come into play.
    Here is a (longish) example of how time dilation and length contraction occur in an Einsteinian space-time without contradicting Newtonian mechanics within one frame of reference.

1.3 Time Dilation and Length Contraction Effects (Special Relativity)

Bioramani

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hdy,do you have any idea about training in green electronics??????????
Hello Everyone: As an instrument engineer i have to select on/off valves for process lines of half and one inch either electro valves (EV) or Solenoid Operated Valves (SOV) but...
There have been talks of the proposal to make the corporate philanthropy. The proposal says that any corporate with a turnover of over 1000 crore (INR) and profits upwards of...
One of the places where advance robotics can be useful is rescue operations. Especially, when natural disasters like earthquake and tsunami strike, robots can be deployed for the rescue operations....
Geek.com has received the Nintendo 3DS in their US office and have released an unboxing video. Take a look - [video=youtube;z3oPNCDqUM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3oPNCDqUM4&feature=player_embedded[/video]