Efficiency of solar panels – transition line

I want to calculate the efficiency of solar panel, I know that the answer need to be approximate 15% because this information I find in the website of one company that manufacture the solar panels, but I don’t know how they calculate this?

Maybe it can be correlated to transition line?

I think it, but I am not sure, because maybe it is related to the light sun that touch the atmosphere and part of this return back to the space, part of this absorb in the atmosphere and only part of this pass to the earth and after this it arrive to the clouds and again part of the sun light return, absorb and pass, I search more information about that and how to calculate this.

If the solar panels will be in the space outside of the atmosphere so it will not have the problem of part of the light return or absorb but it will be other problem that is how to pass the energy from light that is outside the atmosphere to electrical energy that is in the earth.

Do you have any idea how to do it with minimum of lost of the energy?

How it possible to grow up the efficiency of the solar panels?

If you have any information, idea, links that are correlated to this issue so I will glad if you can write it in this thread.

Replies

• lal
    lal
    Efficiency is the ratio of electrical energy converted by the solar panel to the total light energy falling on it.

Efficiency = (maximum power output of solar cell)/(area of cell x light input)

This is usually calculated under standard conditions where light input is taken as 1000 w/m^2 at 25 degree celcious and air mass 1.5 spectrum.
  • only one guy
    only one guy
    lal, thank you very much for your replay.
    I will glad if you can write some links that talk about what you wrote in your replay.
    I will glad to receive for more members' forum more replay to others things that are related to what I wrote in the main.
  • lal
    lal
    A google search helps buddy. Here is one from wiki
    Solar Cell Efficiency

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am interesting in searching several options to catch big size wafer, 1 meter X 2 meter, the wide of this wafer is very thin, only 120 micro meter, the...
Aakash tablet - India's low cost tablet is not dying and in fact it's 'alive and kicking', says Mr. Kapil Sibal who heads Indian government's IT & Telecom ministry. He...
As the world moves towards big data storage, the engineers, physicists and scientists are faced with a new challenge - developing new data storage mechanisms. A team of researchers at...
i want to know about EBIZ ..how we can earn money from this?how it will work.. please can anyone help me i in this ragard this
please provide latest paper presentations for mechanical engineer.