Effects in Conversion of SI engine fuel

if SI engine fuel is changed from Petrol to LPG (Liquified petroleum gas), will there be any drop in engine life. What are the adverse effects expected from the outcome of conversion.

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Engine life will be reduced. This is because you are not operating the engine on its standard fuel.

Knocking, might be a problem. Also, you should get a standard conversion kit. This is absolutely uncompromisingly important. Safety is a big factor while converting vehicles from petrol to LPG.

Cheers

PS- Is using LPG in vehicles legal?? You should go in for a CNG kit, if your city has CNG stations
  • balamurali.a
    balamurali.a
    i do agree with the safety concerns of LPG,

abt the fule, if we arrest knocking also, what are the factors which will affect the engine life, such like, corrosion, imbalances due to power o/p variations.

can u pls elborate on the above.
  • gohm
    gohm
    If converted correctly there is no marked decrease in life cycle and it is totally legal and in use here in the US to a fair amount, commonly referred to as propane. Usually in fleet pickups and buses.
  • 4d1
    4d1
    balamurali.a
    if SI engine fuel is changed from Petrol to LPG (Liquified petroleum gas), will there be any drop in engine life. What are the adverse effects expected from the outcome of conversion.
    a major factor in optimal performance of the conversion kit is the quality of kit installation by the workshops.

*there is always 8-10 % decrease in engine power

there might be starting/idling problems and engine overheating if kit not installed properly..

factors like compression pressures,air cleaner, wrong spark plug gaps etc . need to be checked from time to time...

careful maintenance and driving practices are pre-requisites for CNG/LPG vehicle..
  • 4d1
    4d1
    nave
    For more information vivit this link

Google

Google
    stop being ill mannered and post something useful !!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi All, Since last few hours I am trying a script for disabling right click in all browsers done either through keyboard or mouse. It is working fine in other...
i am making a IR emitter detector circuit in which i have to use a preset resistor which is a three pin variable resistor of this type- please anyone tell...
Air traffic control: It’s a good topic you can choose it, but try to stress on Indian ATC. Active pixel sensor😔or the CMOS sensor) can be clubbed along with the...
what is the torque required to run the bicycle having the weight of 100 kg. assume data self regarding: 1) friction * rolling friction take dia of tyre= 18" *...
How to design shafts on the basis of rigidity and angle of twist?