Effect of subjecting a contained volume of gas to low frequency resonance?

Not sure where else to put this so it will go here!😀 First off I have a question that I need help with, What would be the effect of subjecting a contained volume of gas to low frequency resonance? Gas= Not sure but lighter than air! Containment unit would be spherical! Frequency of resonance is yet to be determined! What I would like to know is will the contained gas become excited at some point and increase its lighter than air properties? This is for a project that I am thinking of getting into but time will tell.:sshhh: Just want to know that I am not going to level the neighborhood with a silly experiment. Dont think it would be wize to over-excite Hydrogen and such!lol Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Chad..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved and titled edited 😀.
  • skipper
    skipper
    Hm. What sort of resonance do you mean? What do you intend to use to make the gas "resonate"?
    Note: there are several possibilities (mechanical stress or sound waves, magnetic or electric fields, heat). And what about temperature control/measurement?

Are you intending to investigate the pressure/volume relation for gases that resonate somehow, or what effect "resonance" has on density? A gas can respond to radio frequency energy, or to a magnetic field, or both. Then there's heat and sound. What have you considered is the best approach?
  • ozpulse
    ozpulse
    Using sound was the way I was going to go with this one! The sphere is set up as the centre of an audio speaker, oops that would mean it is vibration and then there is also the magnetic aspect of it as an assembly. So it could mean a combination of all???
  • skipper
    skipper
    The container will resonate with or without gas in it. You might want to determine as much as possible about the response of the container first. then a re-analysis with gas in the container (or with different gases).

Depending on how you measure the response of the "system" you should see a difference when the container is full or empty.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys , This is my first thread since i joined CE. Recently i been getting a lot of requests about modding the slims 200X and 300X TA-088v3 and TA-090v3...
hi cricket CEans!!!! Sunil Gavaskar was a cricketer during the 1970s and 1980s for Bombay and India. Widely regarded as one of the greatest opening batsmen in test match history,...
Today is the birthday of Nikola Tesla. Read more about him.. Nikola Tesla - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Source : Google
What is the relationship/formula of the worm gear between the angular rotation of the gear and the linear movement of the worm? I want to know how to derive the...
Howdy folks! I'm wondering if one can order a unix (ubuntu) powered Dell Desktop in India. I don't see any option on their website. 😔 What are the other brand/options...