Effect of methane on ziegler natta catalyst

I work in a polypropylene industry which is using spheripol technology.i would like to know and collect data about the effect of methane content in propylene on the reaction kinetics and yield,

and can its effect be cancelled in anyway by increasing the Donor input😕.........

Replies

• Rose
    Rose
    Yes methane has severe effect. It blocks the sites of catalyst and significantly decreases the yield.
    Don't know much about reaction kinetics
    But we faced the same problem in our propylene plant with same technology
    in germany
  • kamlesh.singala
    kamlesh.singala
    rahulmenonk
    I work in a polypropylene industry which is using spheripol technology.i would like to know and collect data about the effect of methane content in propylene on the reaction kinetics and yield,

and can its effect be cancelled in anyway by increasing the Donor input😕.........
    Methane acts as poison for catalyst. By increasing the donor will again depriciate the activity of catalyst.
  • kamlesh.singala
    kamlesh.singala
    Can you tell which generation catalyst you are using? and who is the supplier...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my name is ritwik nd i want to make magnetic hand glub plzzzzzzz help me its a verry urgent👍
i am a finel year electrical eng: student.can u suggest any idea for my project
What is the range of licence-free frequency band upto 1 kilometers?
😒hi guys n gurls... i m dilip, doing my software engineering hmmmm... i m very much new to this site at the same time it is very much intresting. hope...
Intel is big, Intel is mighty, Intel knows how to turn the screws. With Larrabee, Intel does want to eat NVIDIA's lunch 😲! People have even been talking that Intel...