Effect of being failed in elective subjects

i am in final year engineering under
#-Link-Snipped-# ......

In 7th sem I had failed in elective subject and I heard that it will badly affect in getting
jobs and already I have only 55% aggregate so please give me a correct guidance

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    What has happened is past and cannot be changed, so it is better to work hard and clear that subject, and I think companies generally demands no active backlogs, not at the time of selection but joining, (with few exceptions), and also there are companies that may come at 'no criteria' (depends on college), so stop worrying and make best of your time while u still can.
    regards
    Rahul69
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The backlogs are likely to affect your selection in a few companies and if I'm not mistaken, few companies ask for 60 - 65% aggregate. I'd recommend focusing on improving your overall score so that the aggregate improves. You should also focus on making sure that you're very good at aptitude tests & technical interviews, so that you don't miss out on any chance that comes your way.

You might want to get a certification in a language/technology of your choice and be exceptional in it. It could prove to be a great advantage.

So, the bottom line is: Don't miss out on any of the opportunities (exams, certifications, free time) etc. that come your way.
  • Nithin C S
    Nithin C S
    thanks for your support ..... Please tell me what happens if failed in elective subject because my friends are telling me that if failed in elective then degree marks card will be given in pink color which will affect my career .... is it true ???

Am thinking to do higher studies (PG) because I heard that most of companies recruit employees depending on M.TECH aggregate and not on B.E whats your opinion on this sir...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Your friends may not give you the correct advice. Instead of worrying, why not just focus on what you can do 'now' to improve the things that what they are at the moment? Your degree marks are effective mostly until you get recruited in a company. Once you become an 'insider' - your degree marks won't matter and more importance will be on what you 'know', have 'worked on' and 'can do'. So your fight is to become an 'insider'.

Are you sure you wish to go for M.Tech? You've had difficulties clearing B.E subjects and M.Tech's likely to be more difficult. Why waste your time (2 years) in learning if your sole purpose is to find a job? I'd recommend opting for M.Tech *ONLY* if you are genuinely interested in the subjects and engineering. There's a possibility that your M.Tech aggregate may not be just as good as you'd expect it to be.

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is to keep trying for a job and improving your skills.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

good day everyone! I am an ECE student who's currently taking my thesis 1.. We found a journal titled "Imitation Control for Biped Robot Using Wearable Motion Sensor" in which...
i have written a code that should give me the ip addresses of all the devices connected in a wireless network.But it is just showing the ip address of the...
I'm interested to appear for IES exam.We may have this discussion on IES exams.People who wants to write this service exam can do discussion here.if you even don't have idea...
hi, I get a message that keeps on popping asking me to 'reconsider replacing the battery'. This perhaps means that my battery is not able to hold extra charge for...
Well I never knew this existed till this day and the moment I found it I wanted to share it to CEans Do check the links of how they are...