eCommerce websites in India & product shipping charges

Flipkart is a leading example of how product shipping done right can lead to returning customers and increased profitability. I've often wondered how much does it cost for these companies to ship their products all over India. Flipkart, recently upped their shipping prices - now the company offers free shipping to products worth more than Rs. 200 (the limit was Rs. 100 earlier).

Can someone post details about the way shipping works with Indian couriers? DTDC & Blue Dart, I think charge Rs. 50 (just a guess) per shipment < 1kg.

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I have tried it with BlueDart. For shipments less than 1 Kg, they charge INR 35.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Somewhere i heard flipkart tiedup with AFL courier. Although they raised limit to 200INR! ๐Ÿ˜•
  • vinci
    vinci
    i purchased via flipkart when they have low prices @100INR but now below purchasing 200 INR ,they will charge 30INR
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rs. 30 is still manageable. They used Blue Dart earlier; but now have launched their own service to deliver goods. Surprisingly, it's amazingly fast ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Rs. 30 is still manageable. They used Blue Dart earlier; but now have launched their own service to deliver goods. Surprisingly, it's amazingly fast ๐Ÿ˜€
    And because of this their Cash On Delivery method is also effective and speedy.
  • vinci
    vinci
    hmm i agree with godfather as this is most convenient method of online shopping
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Does anyone know what's the minimum shipment volume these courier companies expect to work with them on discount basis?
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    The_Big_K
    Does anyone know what's the minimum shipment volume these courier companies expect to work with them on discount basis?
    Curious about the same! โ˜•
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    They are pretty awesome in shipping time, Once I got my order withing 24 hrs ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    Flipkart is started in 2007 as a book online store and Now they are selling almost everything.
    both of its Co-founders are ex-amazon employees. I think they are making it Indian amazon.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    @FUTURE... Amazon is going to acquire Flipkart. I hope they'll just do it. It's going to be interesting to see how they ramp up Junglee against Flipkart.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    queeny.heads
    @FUTURE... Amazon is going to acquire Flipkart.
    Few months ago, Amazon did talk to Flipkart for acquisition and one of the founders of Flipkart was in USA for over a month. But the deal didn't go through. It's being rumored that Flipkart founder asked for much higher valuation.

#future: Flipkart IPO ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I would like that Flipkart will not be sold.
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    The_Big_K
    Few months ago, Amazon did talk to Flipkart for acquisition and one of the founders of Flipkart was in USA for over a month. But the deal didn't go through. It's being rumored that Flipkart founder asked for much higher valuation.

#future: Flipkart IPO ๐Ÿ˜€
    Agree about future IPO(Not SURE!!). This will take time. HM18 and some other are in line-up. They too providing lots more exceptional service. In my city Flipkart COD service is not available, But other do.
  • Bashiruddin Naik
    Bashiruddin Naik
    The_Big_K
    Flipkart is a leading example of how product shipping done right can lead to returning customers and increased profitability. I've often wondered how much does it cost for these companies to ship their products all over India. Flipkart, recently upped their shipping prices - now the company offers free shipping to products worth more than Rs. 200 (the limit was Rs. 100 earlier).

Can someone post details about the way shipping works with Indian couriers? DTDC & Blue Dart, I think charge Rs. 50 (just a guess) per shipment < 1kg.
    In my city First Flight Courier Service is available for both Homeshop18 and Flip kart.
    You can checkout details.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I think these measures for Individuals. if we are at partner network. we can get some fixed rate as they are applicable to regular basis. Not sure. Will ask courier person. he will come on Monday to deliver a book.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Indian netpreneurship domain seems to be full of deal based and eCommerce websites. Let's have a poll to determine which eCommerce website CEans think is the best. First suggest...
Lot of CEans have joined the corporate world in the past few months. I'd like to invite your experiences of joining the companies. What were your expectations and what did...
Hi!! This is Prem Anand from Chennai. I'm doing my Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I'm interested in Hacking and Network related stuff......hope i find some interesting stuff...
I'm doing a project related to waste heat recovery system. I may get heat of around 30-35 degree celsius. I wanted to know, can I use that heat in culturing...
Yahoo Inc. has found its new CEO in Scott Thompson. The Yahoo Titanic now relies all its hopes on the new CEO, Mr. Scott Thompson. The new CEO will take...