ECIA Confirms The Requirement For Full Compliance With NAECI Rates Of Pay

Following a comprehensive payroll audit of Somi Impianti, a contractor working on the Staythorpe project, it was found that less than 25 out of their 400 employees received wages lower than the prescribed NAECI rates. The majority of their employees were paid above the NAECI rates.

This situation is deemed unacceptable, and Somi Impianti has committed to taking immediate corrective measures, including reimbursing the affected employees with back-pay.

The stance of the Association is clear: all ECIA member companies are obligated to adhere to the NAECI rates of pay on NAECI projects and sites. As part of the 2009 NAECI wage negotiations, employers willingly agreed to enhance the NAECI audit procedures to ensure complete transparency and strict adherence to the terms of the Agreement.

Consequently, the ECIA has initiated a thorough investigation into the matter.

Mike Hockey, the Managing Director of the ECIA, stated, "While this incident of underpayment affects fewer than 25 employees and is considered an isolated case, we do not endorse such occurrences. We welcome the reinforcement of our audit system and remain fully committed to ensuring utmost compliance with NAECI terms and conditions on all our projects. The evidence does not support widespread undercutting of NAECI rates."

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone explain me the whole procedure how the online payment of goods takes place through internet? If i want to provide this feature in my website.What are steps for...
Government told the Supreme Court that it decided to De-recognize 44 Deemed Universities in the country on charges that they were being run as an organizations, owned or controlled by...
I want to make a php based forum for my final year project can anybody provide me the source code related resource on web . thaks in advance ... Happy...
I have an B.E project on biometrics Fingerprint Recognition System I know its very common but it is assigned to me by college (so can't help it there) Thing is...
Hi, I am a mechanical engineer, who later on drifted into computers, IT and Management, besides entrepreneurship. Pl. see my wiki/blog, to get an idea of the diversity of my...