ECE Engineer who loves coding - Career guidance needed

Hello everyone,
I am new to this site,signed up few mins ago and I thought of asking my first question regarding carrier guidance.I am a final year student of Electronics and Communication Engineering,and during these three+ years of my life I have gained a huge interest for 'coding'.I love to code programs and I am looking forward for a carrier related to this.I know only two languages i.e C and Core Java,and also data structure with those two previously mentioned language.
Am I making a correct decision about my carrier?If yes then what important things should I keep in mind and what kind of preparations should I tryout with?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# , Welcome to CrazyEngineers. Hope you will enjoy CE and find all the help you need.

There are lot of IT companies that recruit software engineers from non-computer branches; and I'm sure you will be able to find position for yourself. In order to get the job; you will need to build a solid aptitude so that you can crack the entrance exams. If you can produce a few pet projects (mention them in your resume), you will have a clear edge over others.

Regarding choice of career - I don't see anything wrong with it. You are lucky to know what field you want to be in and that's a very good thing. Just make sure to build your portfolio of projects, preferably in the open source domain.
  • Kaustav Sautya
    Kaustav Sautya
    Thank you for your answer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Folks over at Acer India are bound to be ecstatic as they have launched the three new Windows 10 laptops in the country. The company has been working closely with...
Well , I'm a 1st year student studying in bangalore. i have secured 89.12% in 10th and 69% in 12th. I have managed to get into a good engineering college(IT...
hello sir/ma'am, I am pursuing b.tech in electronics and instrumentation from UPTU (MIT). Recently I am in the fifth sem and i scored 73% in second year. I have completed...
He calls it India's Startup Party. Nikesh Arora is an Electrical Engineer from IIT BHU (Varanasi) of the batch of 1989. He also holds a degree from Boston College and...
Working with foreign clients? Travelling solo to a new country? Translator apps are a big boon. While Google Translate has been dominating for years for any of your translation needs,...