Easy to build short-range FM transmitter with circuit diagram

Stumbled upon this easy to build DIY FM transmitter. The circuit diagram and information from this post has been rewritten from the source link below to make it idiot proof. But if you've got some spare time and don't know what to do with your electronics tool-kit, you can't complain anymore. Get all your parts in one place and start building your own, small FM transmitter.

simple-FM-transmitter

The range of this FM transmitter is about 30 ft and can be extended using a simple antenna. Please be aware that it could be illegal to do FM transmissions without valid license. You may use any regular mono-audio jack as input source (connected to your mobile), or to a microphone.

This design is based on original design posted here - #-Link-Snipped-# . It's a nice set of FAQ if you encounter any problems. Otherwise, feel free to post your doubts here and our experts can help you out. Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# for his inputs.

PS: The last time I actually used a soldier was in 2009. Been away from electronics for a really long time but we do have a lot of talented electronics engineers to help you with your questions and doubts. If you design your own FM transmitter using this circuit diagram, please do not post photos of your project. A video would be great!

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here they have not mention value of Inductor L1 which is key part in this circuit. I will try to find that value.
    As Kaustubh said this is really interesting project if you want to try your hands-on with some circuitry.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Why not we vary the value of L1 to suit our frequency need Sir?
    Don't you think that can be effective for lower frequency FM tx?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Everything that goes up comes down. Do you think this will now apply to Apple? The company has already become the most valuable company in the world with hundreds of...
Hey!! i try to find out the flip flop circuit with AND gate and OR gate but i fund non of this ,. i just NAND and NOR. this what...
How to do MBA Withought hold my job.
Samsung’s Taiwan unit has left a trail of clues about the Samsung Galaxy J smartphone in a teaser video on YouTube. The 22 second video starts off by showing a...
Curious to know what do programmers and software developers think about Windows 8.1 operating system from Microsoft. Do you think it's developer friendly (availability of tools, software, IDEs) and how's...