Earthquake in New Zealand's Kermacec Islands Today

A magnitude 6.1 earthquake today struck near New Zealand's Kermacec islands, but scientists in the islands were unaware of the tremor.
There were no reports of damage or risk of tsunami, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said.

PS: A small US religious group had predicted that Judgement Day would begin a day earlier, on Saturday, with an earthquake in New Zealand.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...21 May is already over in few parts of the world and will be over in just few minutes all over the world. But we are all safe so far. But the news is really interesting. Any updates from NZ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    In another grim news, The Grimsvoetn volcano under Iceland's largest glacier began erupting Saturday, the Icelandic Meteorological Office said, reporting a tall plume of smoke rising from the crater.
    There was a cloud rising up from Grimsvoetn around 1900 GMT and at just before 2000 GMT it had reached an altitude of 11 kilometers (6.8 miles).
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Interesting!

People were talking about judgement day here too, when I was roaming around there were group of people roaming with some chanting!

But its over now, and still I am alive 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Planking is a new sensation all over the world, especially on social networking sites like Facebook. The game is simple - you simply lay down at the weirdest place and...
A posse of evolutionary scientists traveled to the heart of America to share their excitement about science on the birthday of Charles Darwin. This is their story. In my two...
Here's a list of articles published on VoiCE by Crazy Engineering Authors. Do go through them and leave comments and remarks: PR2 Robot Learns To Read Text With Different Text...
A rare chance to see comedian and actor Rowan Atkinson in the hot seat talking to Parkinson about filming that famous last scene in Blackadder and being the international face...
Asus Eee Pad Transformer has been in news for over a month now. The prime features of the iPad rival are: NVIDIA® Tegra™ 2 1.0GHz dual-core CPU for excellent multitasking...