Earth fault(in power system) doubt

See the fig. which shows the Single phase to earth(fault0001 C-N) fault occurred in the line side of D-Y transformer.

fault0001 | adakrath | Flickr

Every books showing similar fig with fault current traveling through the earth(made of usual soil,rock etc) and returning through the earthed neutral.
Is that possible the passage of current through the earth under our foot????
Plz give me details about it........

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    before knowing this just know..
    what is earthing that gives answer to all your doubts
  • Anuj Aggarwal
    Anuj Aggarwal
    The passage of current depends on the resistivity of the soil. As the resistivity if soil increases, the current starts flowing near the earth surface and decrease in resistivity of soil results in current flowing away from the earth surface. For safe earthing, resistivity of soil should be in the range of 100-150 ohms.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What are the best programming langiages to learn for an Electronics Engineer? I know a good knowledge of C will help with programming microcontollers, but what of other languages such...
iam a 20year old chemical engineering student at The Copperbelt University in Zambia. Iam in my third year now and my programme lasts for five years
Actually, I am presently doing B.Tech (2 sem-CSE) & I am planning to do a useful language course which helps me to build my technical skills for my future. Please...
bioramani Wish You A Many More Happy Returns of the Day sir!!! Have a Blast!!! 😀 I have got the privilege to wish you as the first person behalf of...
Its looking just great, Google docs layout and tools are enhanced amazingly. privacy policy?? 👀