Earning after doing M.Tech. from IIT

Did anybody know how much will be the salary package after doing M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    saimriyaz
    Did anybody know how much will be the salary package after doing M. Tech in Mechanical Engineering from IIT?
    Depends on several factors like your prior work experience, knowledge and ultimately which company you join at which level in the hierarchy.
  • saimriyaz
    saimriyaz
    Thanx a lot....................
    Did IITians get placed in abroad too??
  • Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    I did see a very limited chance of it. You have to be searching for jobs abroad yourself as these companies usually don't visit IITs (I passed out in 2005 and as far as I know, the situation is still the same).
    If some India based MNC recruits you and sends you abroad, it is possible.
    And I have some vague idea about the mechanical company average pay packages this (2011) year after completing MTech and joining as a fresher.. INR 6 to 7 Laks Per Annum. And definitely, depends on the company again
  • saimriyaz
    saimriyaz
    What .............that's it
    Hyundai visits our college last year and it offered 5.6 PA package to B. Tech students
    Then whats the benefit of doing M tech From IIT.................................
  • Capt Spark
    Capt Spark
    What I was mentioning was an average idea... I would say that 5-6 LPA is definitely not the best, it is average pay scale that is being offered to Mech. I am again repeating that I dont have detail records of each company offerings. The best was definitely higher than that and worst far below.
    And MTech is obviously not for earning money... it rather helps your career if you want to stay in the core fields ๐Ÿ˜€. for earning, there are MBA and other way outs.
  • saimriyaz
    saimriyaz
    ook!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually i want to earn money as well as want to stay in automobile field at good position..........................
    Firstly my field is main concern then salary............but it still matters
    I dont want whooping MBA salaries coz that profession is out of my field and interest ................
    Thanx for suggestion ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Update:

Here's what happens when you get a M.Tech Degree in India. Since you've spent 6 years of your life studying about your core branch and M.Tech brings a certain specialization with it - when companies come to hire a M.Tech student, they generally offer them jobs in the core sector. So, mechanical engineering students will go in companies that work in manufacturing sector, heavy industries, production units etc.

It turns out that Mechanical Designers get salary in the range of Rs. 6-12 Lakhs. Students from Manufacturing background can get salaries from the range of Rs. 4-8 Lakhs.

A lot of M.Tech students therefore wish to enter the IT sector because of higher salary packagers offered there. However, most IT companies generally prefer B.Tech students because they are offered the same roles at lower compensation.

M.Tech does allow you two extra years of study life in which second year you are practically free - meaning that most time is spent in developing a project or writing a thesis.

You can use that time for preparing for Civil Services or Engineering Services which are very good govt jobs.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

Has there been any update in the starting salary package for M.Tech students from IIT?

Last I checked the range was Rs. 6-12 Lakhs for joining as freshers. Has anyone seen any upgrade in that?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i'm a new member of this community... to whom who knows this: can you help to build codes in C using the mikroC environment about 3x4 keypad, pic-16f877a, two line...
Pls suggest Final Year Project related to automobiles or designing in CAD Software (any)........................๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
As they say "Innovation doesnt have a limit". Google has launched its voice search system today. According to them "If you can say it, you can search it". Try it...
Airbus unveils radical vision of future aircraft design Read more: Airbus unveils radical vision of future aircraft design | News | The Engineer
We have a project and will be going to draw 100 different road signs and symbols, which of course based on the Philippine standard. Since, the Philippines is one of...