Early Adopters Are Quitting Facebook - Why?

I've been checking out statistics on various portals that as Facebook is approaching 700 million worldwide users, the traffic in US is dropping - thanks to the new era of Twitter & Yelp. It seems that the early adopters of Facebook are now switching over to the newer forms of social networking.

I see it as a perfect example of history repeating itself. First it was My Space that took the world by storm. Then came Orkut which completely invaded few parts of the world and even snatched tons of users from MySpace. Then came the Facebook which literally robbed all social networks in the world and became the #1 social network. However, early adopters of Facebook seem to be quitting.

One reason I see is that any time-killing activity, after some time gets boring. People want to enjoy new stuff and this could be a major reason that people don't want to keep their facebook profiles updated.

Are you an early adopter of Facebook? How's your experience so far?

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    No I am very late adopter of Facebook. I have tried using it actively for about a month or so, buut now have left it almost completely. I only use it for liking voiCE posts.

As a website (not social networking) I like CE because, I get to read more and know more not only about mech but also about other branches.

Other one is physics forum which gives more technical things about mech (no offence).

Besides you are talking about new sites, do you know any website where we can do utter nonsense to vent out anger and frustration?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Are you an early adopter of Facebook? How's your experience so far?
    I did register on Facebook long back to keep track of something on Washington Post. I do not spend any time on it. Avoid it like I avoid TV as a time waster.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung Galaxy Pro B7510 seems to be a complete business phone for those who love Android and also want the 'Blackberry' style. Samsung calls this phone a complete business phone...
I think that the Linux OS was made of C language ... But what about WINDOWS???
After going certain articles and related threads on forums, I found that LG has successfully overcome with the problem of 3d tv flicker in its FPR 3d tv. But I...
Dear CE members, As we know about CRM (customer relationship management). Its another casual electronic phase means, we can use the CRM through internet so that it becomes e-CRM(electronic CRM)....
I am planning to make an electromagnet which can lift atleast 200gm mass. Normally electromagnets are made up by coiling an iron rod and passing a considerable amount of dc...