E-WASTE CONCRETE

Project Abstract / Summary : Construction industry has taken a major role in the developing countries like India. In construction industry cement mortar and concrete were the most widely used construction material. It has become difficult to replace an alternative material for the construction which is a versatile as concrete. In any developing country construction accounts for about 60 percent of the plan outlay. In this, cement product i.e., cement mortar and cement concrete accounts more than 50 percent.

As we know that, concrete and mortar are cast in-situ materials with basic constituents cement, fine aggregate, coarse aggregate and water. In this constituents, procuring of fine aggregates i.e. River sand has become problem in the construction industries due to depletion of resources and its impact on environmental imbalance. This made in construction industry to search for a sustainable alternative material for fine aggregate. The excessive use of this river sand i.e., fine aggregate has led to ecological imbalance of natural resources.

To overcome impact on ecological imbalance of nature and to get economy in construction, in this project an attempt has been made to replace fine aggregate with "E-waste particles" at different proportion for cement concrete of M-20 grade. Comparative experimental work is carried out to study the strength properties of concrete.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : 1)One of the method to recycle E-waste.
2)An alternate material for fine aggregate.
3)To avoid the reduction in the ground water level due to the extraction of sand from rivers.
4)To give employment opportunity.
5)The environmental health condition is declining due to the partially managed e-waste in the country.
6)The technology is changing every hour of the day due to availability of new technology due to globalization and replacing the old EEEs in large numbers.

Project Highlights : Green businesses are the key drivers of the economy in the current global business scenario. Of the various green initiatives, waste recycling creates the highest positive impact on the environment.
The e-waste is being treated in phase manner and divided into various activities. For each activity the material treatment is different. The objective of the strategy is to dispose of the e-waste in a sustainable and environmental friendly manner with the help of infrastructure having control conditions.
The informal re-cycling with primitive and environment unfriendly e-waste disposal methods leads to pollutants explosion in the atmosphere. After recovery of target material is being left either in open or put in municipal waste resulting contamination of air, water and soil.
The technology boom is in 21st century will bring more challenges ahead, so our preparedness should be equipped with new infrastructure, awareness and technology for e-waste treatment.

Project Category : Civil / Structural
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: BVBCET HUBLI
City: HUBLI
State: KARNATAKA
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : MEDICOOL +1 ADVANCE O.T. is the first of its kind ,in which a window air conditioning unit is used , along with typical ducting ,...
Hi Sir, I have been working as an APPS DBA for 3.5 years. Now I want to change my stream to coding. I have no experience in coding but fair...
As per the latest discovery, the universal energy cycle might get another entity in their structure, which however is not a living being. A group of scientists from the McGill...
Scientists from MIT have designed a scalable quantum computer which finds prime factors in real time. Owing to this latest technology, encryption schemes might experience a significant boost. Factoring large...
The UK based sports car Company McLaren Automotive has recently announced the “Track 22” Six-year business plan which hints at a possible electric hybrid car from McLaren to be launched...