e-pramaan: Get Birth Certificate On Your Mobile

Indian Government is surely taking lot of e-steps to make the lives of Indians easier. Very soon, you won't have to visit the local, dirty, smelly Government offices frequently to get your birth certificate. Instead, the birth certificate will just be an sms away. Welcome e-pramaan. The project aims to authenticate the mobile number of the applicant so that it will suffice as your birth certificate. Person who registers for epramaan service will be given an m-pin : Mobile personal identification number. This pin number will be taken as official 'authentication' for all the transactions that do not involve money. You will then be able to get land certificates, birth certificates and other such documents using this m-pin number.

Ajai Sawhney, president and CEO of the national e-governance plan, said: “We have notified the mobile governance framework that will allow citizens to avail of most of the services without visiting a government office.” The idea is to reduce the interface between citizens and public servants and thus to curb corruption. “The integrated payment gateway for mobile services has already been launched in Goa,” Sawhney said at a workshop.

I'm not sure whether this is an incredibly good idea or not. Government is already working on a mega identification project called AADHAR (UIDAI). I wonder how many identities will we have to carry. The big question is; how'd we know which government service accepts which identity.

e-pramaan

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    The_Big_K
    I'm not sure whether this is an incredibly good idea or not. Government is already working on a mega identification project called AADHAR (UIDAI). I wonder how many identities will we have to carry. The big question is; how'd we know which government service accepts which identity.
    This is main problem in making services online that they are not integrated.
    There is a project #-Link-Snipped-# in Chhattisgarh state which aim making collectorate services online .No need to visit govt office.
    Till date most of certificate from birth certificate, income,domicile or land acquisition certificate are provided using digital certificate. You will have a printed document with a serial number like a hand made certificate and all govt office can verify this document.
    Now problem is when people go outside from chhattisgath their certificate rejected because of no physical signature.
    There should be integration in govt system.
    There is already PAN number , Adhaar and and now M-Pin why not they provide PAN number right away from birth and use it every where just like SSN (Social security number).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

ANALOG CIRCUITS: characteristics and equivalent circuits(large and small signal) of diodes,BJT,JFETs and MOSFET simple diode circuits: clipping, clamping, rectifier, biasing and bias stability of transistior and FET amplifiers. Amplifiers: single...
The popular game on ios and android is now available on Facebook. The game got leaked a little ahead of its launch today 😀 .The game was scheduled to launch...
can you suggest me some topic for my final year engineering project in computer field except making web sites.
Here's yet another Scott Adams masterpiece -
i am a second yr student. jus tried doin paper presentation on shotcrete technology. i still doubt if it is being in use in india. i tried comparing cost btween...