Dynamically fetch values from database and display in combo box in jsp

I am making a form in jsp where i have to filter 4 combo boxes one after the other .. the values of the combo box have to be fetched from the database dynamically..
in table there are 5 fields:-
id category subcategory brand price
1 garments jacket adidas 4000
2 garments shirt peter England 1000
3 sports bat BDM 800

my form contains combo boxes namely:
category:
subcategory:
brand:
price:

firstly, category should display only those values in list(on front end) that are present in database.[I have done this with sql query and resultset](e.g- garments,sports)
Now on selecting the category(e.g- garments) only the respective subcategory should be displayed i.e next combo box should contain only- jacket, shirt.
similarly other lists should be filtered..
Please tell me statements should be used.
  Product Category   

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    A simple jsp needs to be refreshed. Try using Ajax and servlets.

Try this. This is not in English but I think, it's understandable.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Any one can give me the website of airplane, jetplane related to aircrafts information and working of engines , etc., and specifying the parts of components of airplanes, helicopters etc.,
Quote: Ethernet Industrial Protocol, or Ethernet/IP, is a communications protocol that is managed by the Open Devicenet Vendors Association (ODVA) and is commonly used in the factory automation and oil...
(Sent by friend Asif Adheni) quote: Built 249 years ago… This will fascinate just about all engineers, artists, clock makers, doll makers, computer programers, want-to-be inventors, basically just about anyone...
BSNL or Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited has tied up with Pantel Technologies Private Limited to launch three new smartphones in India called Penta Smart PS501, PS650 and the one with...
Samsung Galaxy Duos 2 has popped up on the Samsung India website bearing a price tag of Rs. 10999. The successor of the Galaxy Duos has got the same 4...